Hello friends,

I recently activated my Nokia Messaging.. It seemed to worked perfectly fine for a week.. However, recently I have started getting error message "Internal Error. Application "Email" Closed" and the Email application automatically shuts down.

I can use the Email application for a few seconds & then I get the Internal error and a crash.

Can you please help me resolve this issue, as I see there was a similar issue for the N810tablet, and it shows status resolved.

Thanks guys for ur help.

The problem seems to be getting worse and worser. Please help me on how to resolve this issue.

I've been getting it too. Seems to only happen with my AIM email account though... it's annnoyyyinnng.

ditch nokia messaging and manually configure your client instead. ive had zero issues since i did this

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi there!

After reinstalling and restoring from backup (which failed, I tried several times), I had my email crash with this message every 5 sec...
I could not open the email because it crashed just after having listed the email accounts. The email settings can only be changed from the email, naturally. Restoring the factory settings did not help..

I installed strace and did what they propose at
http://wiki.maemo.org/Bugs:Stock_ans...k_.28strace.29
and the problem turned out to be in reading from ~/.modest/local_folders which did not exist and could not be created with user privileges because it was owned by root..
I chowned ~/.modest to user:users, deleted the cache ~/modest/cache and you know what... It worked

Maybe I should file a bug on this.. But I don't know if the problem emerged in the creation of the backup or in the restore..

i usually get this issue every now and then.
there is a solution that worked fine for me..

1) start the terminal window

2) run the command : ps | grep 'modest'
note down the process number for the first row returned by the above command

3) run the command : kill <process number found above>

after this if you run the second step again u can see that modest has already restarted with a new process number..

now try starting the email app.. it shud work fine..

The Following User Says Thank You to mail2vrp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mail2vrp View Post
i usually get this issue every now and then.
there is a solution that worked fine for me..

1) start the terminal window

2) run the command : ps | grep 'modest'
note down the process number for the first row returned by the above command

3) run the command : kill <process number found above>

after this if you run the second step again u can see that modest has already restarted with a new process number..

now try starting the email app.. it shud work fine..
This was great, but didn't totally work I am assuming the process is the string of number that appear on the left and not the middle? Well at least this tip allows the email app to stay open longer before it crashes

Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
ditch nokia messaging and manually configure your client instead. ive had zero issues since i did this
so how do we do this? for AOL and gmail (sorry for being a newb

Okay I got it, an alternative use Nokia messaging the service. email.nokia.com and sign up to retrieve your emails through the service. it retrieves them pretty fast, doesn't crash the N900 Email application, and even gives you the cute little icons for your email application. Hope this works, (as it hope this works for me problem free for a long time lol)

The wiki page shows that there should be a package called stace. I have extras-dev and extras-testing enabled, yet no strace package anywhere.

Do we know which repository it is in?