Active Topics

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
This is request to MfE.
OK, then I'll add a detail to that request here:

If this feature is further discussed, could there be recently used ( move targets) folders on top of the list of folders you want to move the item to?

Yep. The ideas of UI guys was - if you have more than 1 notification, than it is impossible to detect what email shall be opened. Instead, folder view is shown and you can select whatever you wish.

Could you file a bug against this behavior? I will try to push it forward but without external support it is not so easy as this behavior is considered to be "obvious" by many people.
what we should have is a global new message inbox (but not really a global inbox but just a list with the new messages, so something like converstations)

When new messages arrive it will be added to this list, and when it is read it will be removed. From this list you can open the email, read it, reply,delete or archive it or what every you want. Then you go back to the list and you can select the next new email.

The nice thing about such a list is that when you have this list you can create a widget on top of it that you can display on the desktop. (just like the conversations widget)

This way that weird behavior when there are more the 1 message and you select it is gone. You always just go to that list (ok if it is one you can still go to it directly, or you can go to the first if there are more then in directly)

Should i make a brainstorm item for this?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
When new messages arrive it will be added to this list, and when it is read it will be removed. From this list you can open the email, read it, reply,delete or archive it or what every you want. Then you go back to the list and you can select the next new email.

Should i make a brainstorm item for this?
Sounds as a good idea. But I am not sure that it will be easy to implement. From the other hand, modest (maemo mail client) is open-source and community can implement this...

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
MfE does not send out my eMails
I hope this is already known (somewhere) - but beside the fact that a lot of features are missing/are not yet implemented - now we come to basic functionality which does not seem to work neither.
I sync MfE manually – and my send eMails should be “synct” (send out) on “next synchronization” – but they don’t. They remain in the outgoing folder forever (found 4 eMails I wanted to send yesterday in this folder just this morning). Once you change the MfE setting to “send immediately” – no problem. The eMail goes out. Change back to “send out on next synchronization” they get stucked in the outgoing folder and are never send out (status on the eMail says “on hold”).

MfE does not sync all items in my calendar
I have a couple of series in my calendar with "no end date" and a couple with “duplicated entries”. None of those seems to be synct.

It's getting worse and worse and for me and my usecases regarding MfE the device is getting more and more useless - yes even "dangerous" when it comes to my job where I need a reliable toolbox.

Last edited by HugoSon; 2009-12-09 at 07:47. Reason: Typo

Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
MfE does not send out my eMails
MfE does not sync all items in my calendar
What version of the Exchange server do you use?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
What version of the Exchange server do you use?
Exchange 2007 SP1

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Groningen - Netherlands
I've got syncing google contacts and calendar working on my N900. (me happy). But still some fields of the contacts aren't synced properly. for example images don't update properly and the description field doesn't sync.

Is there a way to "influence" Nokia to implement proper MfE functionality for google? I really like this feature and would also like push mail for my google account.

you can do push mail for google using nokia messaging

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Groningen - Netherlands
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
you can do push mail for google using nokia messaging
Yes, but that still does not solve any problems people might have with syncing contacts and calendar.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
I have the "either exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled" error too.

Our exchange is version 2007 and the provisioned devices is enabled. The certificate is self signed, but I have installed the root certificate myself to N900.

Changing language from Finnish to English did not help.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!