Notices

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
wrked after instaaling them bt takes a lot time to recognize and reply
I know, I'm trying to work out why the recognition is running so slow.

In the meantime, I now have time functions:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
What about taking a picture or starting video recording ? Both could benefit quite a bit from a fast reaction time, for self or group portraits, etc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
taixzo, congratulation in getting such great idea.

If I can suggest anything - please, don't make it another program that just parses per-defined commands to actions - it can be done on N900 already, using plentora of ways.

AI experiments are *much* more interesting, and Your attempts to parse meaning from differently constructed sentences, is what bring me to check this program.

It would be "supercool" to, at some point, be able to "talk a little" with our device - even if we know, that it's still mechanism using coded logic. But, hearing @ N900's talking with itself, as per "I'm not a robot. I'm unicorn"... That would be something

-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
What about taking a picture or starting video recording ? Both could benefit quite a bit from a fast reaction time, for self or group portraits, etc.
That's a good idea. I'll add that in there.

Estel: I'd like to implement a more advanced AI, but I don't know enough to do so, and all the examples I've seen the source code of (such as Eliza) rely on knowing exactly the words that were said, something that Pocketsphinx isn't so great at (although it might be better when I get around to rebuilding the language model.)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Updated: about 5x faster recognition, although accuracy is still the same. The problem was the "loading" animation: as I couldn't figure out how to do a partial redraw, it was redrawing the entire screen, 20 times a second while recognizing, leaving little CPU time free for the actual recognition. I still haven't figured out partial redraws, so for the time being Saera shows no visual indicator while running. But you should generally get a response within a few seconds.

Also added: times. Ask Saera "What time is it?" or "What is the time in <city>" where <city> is a reasonably large city like london, paris, tokyo etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip saera.zip (59.5 KB, 433 views)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Last update for tonight: Since the lack of spinner makes it hard to tell when Saera's listening, I added a marimba sound when you press the button. I got a marimba sound from freesound.org and doubled it in Audacity.

Other updates: If you say anything about the N900, Saera will tell you a random fact about the N900. You can also ask Saera to take a picture (thanks MartinK!) or say "Take a picture of me" to use the front camera. (I would like to add the ability to use BlessN900 too; does anyone know how to make BlessN900 take a picture from the command line?) Finally, you can say "quit" to quit (or "Go away", because pocketsphinx seems to have a very hard time recognizing "quit", although maybe that's just my accent).
Attached Files
File Type: zip saera.zip (197.7 KB, 200 views)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
again getting the seg fault when i touch the mic. have all depends installed
. help

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Iran
I think it is cool to add "I want to send a sms" then the conversation will open & "I want to have a call" then the phone will open & "open the gallery" & "How much battery is left?"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melisa queen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Great functionality taixzo! Voice dialing, voice commands ... one important feature less missing on our wonderful and everyday incredible N900 thanks to our amazing community. Keep on working and coollaborating on this! Im really eager to get an optified deb package at repos.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zentenario For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by melisa queen View Post
I think it is cool to add "I want to send a sms" then the conversation will open & "I want to have a call" then the phone will open & "open the gallery" & "How much battery is left?"
It's a good idea, although the perfect implementation would be like this:
Me:"Hey Saera, write a text for me"
S: "Who is the text for?"
Me: "Jack" (triggers contact search) or "789-456-123"
S: "Ok, please tell me the message for /Jack/"
Me: "Hey, Jack, How are you? Done."
S: "Would you like to send the text now?" (if Yes, the word /Done/ won't be included in the text, if No, then it will and Saera will continue listening."

Then Saera could pass the text to the command line as it is possible to send messages that way.

Anyway, thanks for the great work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text