Notices

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I think you should do it in scratchbox.
This may not work on-device
I may have to do that; I was hoping not to have to install scratchbox as I don't have all that much free space.

Regardless, here's the first .deb. HAM will complain that it's the wrong architecture, but it's really architecture-independent (since it's all Python anyway), so you can install it via (as root):
Code:
dpkg --force-architecture -i saera_0.1-0_i386.deb
Attached Files
File Type: deb saera_0.1-0_i386.deb (217.4 KB, 120 views)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I may have to do that; I was hoping not to have to install scratchbox as I don't have all that much free space.

Regardless, here's the first .deb. HAM will complain that it's the wrong architecture, but it's really architecture-independent (since it's all Python anyway), so you can install it via (as root):
Code:
dpkg --force-architecture -i saera_0.1-0_i386.deb
You should change the architecture in debian/control
from
Code:
any
to
Code:
all
Then this build a package installable on any architecture without any complaints.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2012-06-15 at 19:34.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
You should change the architecture in debian/control
from
Code:
any
to
Code:
all
Then this build a package installable on any architecture without any complaints.
Thanks! I wasn't aware of that distinction between 'any' and 'all'. Here's the architecture-independent .deb. I will update the first post with it as well.
Attached Files
File Type: deb saera_0.1-0_all.deb (217.4 KB, 106 views)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Thanks! I wasn't aware of that distinction between 'any' and 'all'. Here's the architecture-independent .deb. I will update the first post with it as well.
any = this will build for any architecture, but needs to be built for each
all = this will work for all architectures and needs to be built only once

It's the difference. To be honest, I was confused at first too

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Just out of curiousity, does this work only for English language now? And if yes, is it possible for it to be expanded to other languages? (i.e.: if someone would go ahead and change some code from certain files?)

EDIT: I would try to mess around with it, but i have my N900 put away and I'm using an N9 as my primary device currently.. (I have put my dear N900 to rest for a bit now.. :P )

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Just out of curiousity, does this work only for English language now? And if yes, is it possible for it to be expanded to other languages? (i.e.: if someone would go ahead and change some code from certain files?)

EDIT: I would try to mess around with it, but i have my N900 put away and I'm using an N9 as my primary device currently.. (I have put my dear N900 to rest for a bit now.. :P )
It only works with English right now, but other languages are coming (currently working on Portuguese and German).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
I've tested Saera a few moments ago and it's really incredible !!! Got the answer to "What time is it" on the first try e after about 10 tries i could start up a phone call... Even with my teeeerrrible english !!!
Congratulations taixzo !

EDIT: 2nd round of tests... Saera doesn't wait anymore for the complete number when i use the "call" comand. Unlike the first tries, now i just speak the first 2 (of ten) characters and Saera tells me that "phone numbers have ten or eleven characters". I'm wondering how it's possible since i didn't change anything. Still testing !

Last edited by saponga; 2012-06-15 at 22:13.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
It only works with English right now, but other languages are coming (currently working on Portuguese and German).
And what about Spanish?

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
I've tested Saera a few moments ago and it's really incredible !!! Got the answer to "What time is it" on the first try e after about 10 tries i could start up a phone call... Even with my teeeerrrible english !!!
Congratulations taixzo !

EDIT: 2nd round of tests... Saera doesn't wait anymore for the complete number when i use the "call" comand. Unlike the first tries, now i just speak the first 2 (of ten) characters and Saera tells me that "phone numbers have ten or eleven characters". I'm wondering how it's possible since i didn't change anything. Still testing !

I got this when I tried to install it.

BusyBox v1.20.1 (Debian 1.20.1power1) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ root

BusyBox v1.20.1 (Debian 1.20.1power1) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

Nokia-N900:~# dpkg --force-architecture -i saera_0.1-0_i386.d
eb
dpkg: error processing saera_0.1-0_i386.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
saera_0.1-0_i386.deb
Nokia-N900:~#

whats wrong i am doing?

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
And what about Spanish?
If someone would help with Spanish there would be a Spanish translation. I don't know Spanish myself; I only know English and German, and SolarisSixth is translating it into Portuguese.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text