Active Topics

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@Windows7

That's weird. Mine is rev 2204 (German variant, bought a month ago from amazon.de), and according to cpuinfo I have BogoMIPS 249.96 (you have 499.92), and my CPU supports the "thumb" and "thumbee" features, which yours doesn't.

Other than that, rock solid (only played with overclocking for a few minutes, don't think I need it..).

USB port looks good, but after reading about the problem I try to handle it with extreme care (and charge the battery every 3/4 days anyway).
I'm with rev 2204, but no thumb and thumbee
everything's still good till now though. never tried to OC so I don't know how much it can take

Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
@Windows7

That's weird. Mine is rev 2204 (German variant, bought a month ago from amazon.de), and according to cpuinfo I have BogoMIPS 249.96 (you have 499.92), and my CPU supports the "thumb" and "thumbee" features, which yours doesn't.

Other than that, rock solid (only played with overclocking for a few minutes, don't think I need it..).

USB port looks good, but after reading about the problem I try to handle it with extreme care (and charge the battery every 3/4 days anyway).
you have exactly ny same specs. im 2204 too

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
@blipnl: You might doubt there are different versions, but the reports here pretty much say otherwise no matter what you think. I doubt Nokia have changed the design, but they might have had to use different revisions of hardware components. And from my own experience, I have two N900s the keyboards are definitely different, one is like a matt finish and the other is like a gloss finish, I would hazard a guess that the shells were made from slightly different plastics because the rest of the plastic on the N900 looks ever so slightly different as well.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by figaro View Post
I'm with rev 2204, but no thumb and thumbee
everything's still good till now though. never tried to OC so I don't know how much it can take
Well, the difference in BogoMIPS is not relevant, as apparently this has to do with the current CPU speed, which in turn depends on the overclocking used (I don't OC).

The THUMB and THUMBEE support is as far as I know part of the chip itself, so all of us should have it. Perhaps the difference is if the kernel actually "supports" it (meaning: "is aware of", not that it actually uses it) or not.

In case it matters, I'm using the kernel-power (version 42, didn't update yet). Perhaps people without THUMB/THUMBEE can report if they are using the stock kernel (or some other kernel?)

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Well, the difference in BogoMIPS is not relevant, as apparently this has to do with the current CPU speed, which in turn depends on the overclocking used (I don't OC).

The THUMB and THUMBEE support is as far as I know part of the chip itself, so all of us should have it. Perhaps the difference is if the kernel actually "supports" it (meaning: "is aware of", not that it actually uses it) or not.

In case it matters, I'm using the kernel-power (version 42, didn't update yet). Perhaps people without THUMB/THUMBEE can report if they are using the stock kernel (or some other kernel?)

Cheers.
make sense, since I'm still in stock kernel so those instructions might not be recognized by the OS

ive got two n900s, both 2101

one of them cant really clock over 850. the other one goes well over 1000 and is faster than the first at any given speed

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 499.92
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0xc08
CPU revision : 3

Hardware : Nokia RX-51 board
Revision : 2104
Serial : 0000000000000000
(with power46)

did i post that already?

2101, bought ~04/2011 in uk

all fine apart from a slight lighter blotch in the center of screen (have to look for it)

usb port is fine (tho im careful)
no dead pixels
slider is solid
have dropped a couple of times onto hard floors - no scratches or dents etc (im quite impressed with the bezel around the screen - i had a touch pro previously and the bezel on that flaked to pieces in no time)

had random reboots but only due to stupid settings ^^;; (i find power46 is the most stable for me - had problems with 47 and dsp over-clocking o_O)

oc'd & stable on 46 to 1ghz on ideal - no problems (sorry DocScrute

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
Mine is rev 2204, German version.
The keyboard is as good as new
No random reboots
Overclocked it to 900, no problems at all
USB is steady but I'm very careful while handling it
One dead (white) pixel on the screen, used to have 4
the sliding mechansim made a few scratches on the plastic sides of the keyboard, but the slider works as when I first got it, maybe a bit better (I've changed the screws and tighten them a bit)

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Mine is 2101, bought around Jul/2010 in MercadoLibre Mexico (internet) but maybe came from somewhere in USA.
As most of us around here, almost no hardware issues: Slider, Camera, Screen, Keyboard, 100% ok.
USB port seems OK, but I've started having some issues charging. Also, when charging and headphones plugged in, there's audible noise in the headphones, also, when connected to TV (I use that feature A LOT), sometimes theres an annoying sound so I have to manipulate the a/v cable so it stops, and also when charging the noise is even stronger in TV-Out.
OC'ed @900Mhz since a month after purchase, had reboots when undervolting AND taking pictures or vids, so I used stock voltages. Now, with KP49,oc'ing DSP and using smartreflex produced a lot of issues and reboots, so got back to stock voltages and no smartreflex, and I get a lot of stutter when recording 720p videos using latest cameraUI (not in repos). Playback of those 720p vids was ok, tough.
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Tags
hardware, nokia n900