Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
While neat idea in itself, it's quite hard to e.g. script making of buttons. Also, the NuvoTheme took maybe a few hours total for me to do, so if you take the current theme as the starting point, it's not a whole lot of work to turn that into whatever you like.

Next version will have a file that contains the cropping information, so perhaps you could use that as the source for gimp scripting.

But I think that the next steps for me are to add the few missing things, like the most common icons and such and then to start making the package for 2006 edition.

After that, perhaps something along the lines you described, could be implemented.

New theme maker version has been published (0.5).
More information and usual blog thoughts:
http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.co...-maker-05.html

Also, NuvoTheme has been updated. Follow the link above for installation instructions and link to the file.

Konttori,

I have been using ThemeMaker 0.5 for the past few days with pretty good result. However the app needs a field to set the large sysyem font being that, that is whats used by the tumb board in OS2006. Your System Font field sets all system fonts to that one setting. I had to manually edit the large font size in gtkrc in the installed theme to 29.5 to make it look right. It would also be cool if in your app you added an example of what size 11,16,20 and so on look like in the 770 interface so as not to make it a guessing game. would it be possible to make the base starting theme files those of theme 3? Any time frame on an 0.6 release? also will there be more elements added to edit?

Outstanding job please keep up the good work!

Now i know why there arent that many themes for 770 out there.

Last edited by wiredless; 2006-06-21 at 05:01.

Release 0.6
-----------------

Much improved version with 90% of themable images in the theme source image file. Included now only NuvoTheme, as I haven't been focusing too much on the old base theme.

It also allows you to repackage the theme in case you need to modify some of the images / gtkrc file after you have the theme on theme maker.

Also new feature is that settings are saved when you make a theme. At this point all the settings in the basic settings dialog are saved and when you open thememaker for the next time, you don't have to put your name / theme name etc. again.

Project homepage is located in:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/thememaker/

Download is here: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=36&release_id=38

Now, everybody! Go ahead and make some cool themes!

Hi, I´m about to start fiddling around with the theme maker,it sure looks great, there´s one basic question:
The images for the theme, do they have to be cut & saved & named each or do I put all in that one layered *.png ?

Originally Posted by jcords
Hi, I´m about to start fiddling around with the theme maker,it sure looks great, there´s one basic question:
The images for the theme, do they have to be cut & saved & named each or do I put all in that one layered *.png ?
All you have to do is put them in one png file. png file should not be layered, just merge them to single layer png. There is an example png in the theme maker zip. Just make a copy of that and modify that file to suit your needs.

It's almost as easy as it gets!

hello

i was using theme maker to create a nice theme, but now i have a problem : each time i try to install the modified theme i have the following error :/ :
myfile.deb is corrupt - bad magic at the end of first header

i have recompiled the theme a few time, i have also redownloaded a clean version of theme maker and recreated a few time the png, and the error is still there ( i really dunno why its broken, the installation was working fine before that. help !

+
S199

here is my *.png if someone wants to try to compile it :/ png (this one was working before i remodified it)

Last edited by Semtex199; 2006-06-30 at 10:13.

Ok, I think that is due to too long theme name, but if it's not, could you pop me an email with the source image and I can try to check it out. urho dot konttori at gmail

the name was 360.deb, x360.deb, x.deb i retried several time with a clean png and short names. :/

I got it working. Excellent theme. Congrats!

I also updated the theme maker release in garage to 0.61 version. THere are a few new bitmaps in that file.