Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
This project is now active and working!:

Read more at http://wiki.maemo.org/Diablo_Community_Project

Original post:

I was thinking a bit about the community SSU to Diablo and how to go about it. Obviously we have some community-relevant fixes to the application manager and some other things that can be useful.

But what I'm wondering about - if you had a chance to select one favourite Fixed in Fremantle bug fixed in the open source packages and have this backported to be fixed in a community SSU, which would you take - and why?

EDIT: Please note the bugs.maemo.org bug numbers in question too.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2010-05-17 at 10:46.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
And the list of 'Fixed in Freemantle' bugs is...where?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
The size of the list is going to depend upon what exactly you want to lump in under the "Fixed in Fremantle" header, but I have the results of a quick search.

(By the way, Zerojay, it's "Fremantle", not "Freemantle". It's a small thing, but the extra "e" you include doesn't jive with your focus on text perfection.)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
https://bugs.maemo.org/buglist.cgi?t...solution=FIXED is also a possibility.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
(By the way, Zerojay, it's "Fremantle", not "Freemantle". It's a small thing, but the extra "e" you include doesn't jive with your focus on text perfection.)
I blame all the times I've had to use the word "freemasons" over the last two months. ;/

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
But what I'm wondering about - if you had a chance to select one favourite Fixed in Fremantle bug fixed in the open source packages and have this backported to be fixed in a community SSU, which would you take - and why?
sadly, its not so much a fix as a total rewrite. basically, what irks me the most is that until diablo, one could trigger a network access while in offline mode, say yes on the dialog, and have wifi connect to a saved hotspot automatically...

since diablo, it instead claims that it cant find any saved hotspots, and i have the impression the nokia devs know where the bug is, but as the networking system have been fully replaced for fremantle, there will never be a fix...

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
A2DP please!

Originally Posted by tso View Post
sadly, its not so much a fix as a total rewrite. basically, what irks me the most is that until diablo, one could trigger a network access while in offline mode, say yes on the dialog, and have wifi connect to a saved hotspot automatically...

since diablo, it instead claims that it cant find any saved hotspots, and i have the impression the nokia devs know where the bug is, but as the networking system have been fully replaced for fremantle, there will never be a fix...
AFAIK we're still on icd and libconic. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does upgrading the Flash player count? If so, I think that would get my vote. There are MicroB bugs that bother me, but then I just use Tear instead.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
one favourite Fixed in Fremantle bug fixed in the open source packages
Oops -- it probably doesn't count. Apologies.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Even though it's not open, the fix which unbreaks metalayer-crawled since the last SSU would be a good thing to add, especially if we can add an option to start/stop the thing at will.

Otherwise just all the simple stuff which is easy to fix. I would sooner see the efforts put into bringing Mer up to the level where it can replace Maemo, and run all the new versions of apps like Gpodder, and Mauku.

Spending a lot of time fixing diablo, doesn't change the fact that it's now a dead end, and that the majority of new development is understandably going to be for Fremantle.

Being able to provide access to all or most of those apps on the current hardware would seem to me to be the best use of the resources available.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo