Posts: 151 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Aug 2017 @ Spain
Hi, I want to access "/etc/osso-af-init/", but I can't access with file manager installed by default.

With which application can I access these areas of the internal memory?

Last edited by Kalatti; 2020-10-08 at 20:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kalatti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
HAM is application manager not file manager.

I did/do use terminal!

But there were hacks for other file managers that could do so.
All this information is available on the forum and does not really deserve a new thread.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I think what you should do is that if you confront a problem you will use google search and use that for trying to find the answer and type with your question "maemo talk". Google search engine finds the right topics better than the forums own search box. And I mean it finds better the topics from this forum and suggests them.

And then when you have searched answers from those threads, you don't need to neccessarely start a new topic to ask a question but continue the related thread with your own question. We will see that as the newest commented topic and check who has made a question in the thread and can answer there so the forum won't fill up with similar questions.

But there may be a reason why you have not done this. This is just an idea, but have you scrolled down this forum page and clicked from the left bottom corner of the screen the text "normal"? Or have you made that change in your forum settings for your profile/account? When I first came in this forum it showed the default view which was unusable in my opinion, but after changing how this forum is layed out with "normal" option this became a home.

And I made a lot new threads when started three years ago. You can also put in the search box 2018 then 2019 and then 2020 and you will find same kind of questions you have made. I also asked about what apps people are still using and got lists.

So nice that someone else is also new here and getting thrilled with the device and this forum. I got stuck here and at the moment this is my only social media. No other forums, only one group in whatsapp cause my friends did not want to change to telegram. But I think I will leave that too. Then I will not have any personal account on anything related with google or facebook. Microsoft won't delete my hotmail account even though I have asked for it like five times and they surely see that it has not been used for like ten years. But I changed my phone number and forgot I had two step verification with that old number and with an old gmail account which I don't have either so I can'5 do anything.

Apple I can't yet get rid off because some work things.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-10-08 at 19:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
HAM is application manager not file manager.

I did/do use terminal!

But there were hacks for other file managers that could do so.
All this information is available on the forum and does not really deserve a new thread.
I have installed gpe-filemanager and then I have run:

root
gpe-filemanager

I get access to the root, but I can't copy or edit files.

I need to do this:

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...9&postcount=18

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I think what you should do is that if you confront a problem you will use google search and use that for trying to find the answer and type with your question "maemo talk". Google search engine finds the right topics better than the forums own search box. And I mean it finds better the topics from this forum and suggests them.

And then when you have searched answers from those threads, you don't need to neccessarely start a new topic to ask a question but continue the related thread with your own question. We will see that as the newest commented topic and check who has made a question in the thread and can answer there so the forum won't fill up with similar questions.

But there may be a reason why you have not done this. This is just an idea, but have you scrolled down this forum page and clicked from the left bottom corner of the screen the text "normal"? Or have you made that change in your forum settings for your profile/account? When I first came in this forum it showed the default view which was unusable in my opinion, but after changing how this forum is layed out with "normal" option this became a home.

And I made a lot new threads when started three years ago. You can also put in the search box 2018 then 2019 and then 2020 and you will find same kind of questions you have made. I also asked about what apps people are still using and got lists.

So nice that someone else is also new here and getting thrilled with the device and this forum. I got stuck here and at the moment this is my only social media. No other forums, only one group in whatsapp cause my friends did not want to change to telegram. But I think I will leave that too. Then I will not have any personal account on anything related with google or facebook. Microsoft won't delete my hotmail account even though I have asked for it like five times and they surely see that it has not been used for like ten years. But I changed my phone number and forgot I had two step verification with that old number and with an old gmail account which I don't have either so I can'5 do anything.

Apple I can't yet get rid off because some work things.
Hi, thanks, mate. In the lower left corner there is a menu that allows me to change the visual style of the forum. Do you mean that?

If you have that menu there then not. I mean the bottom left corner but you probably have there text "all content". For some reason I have the "all content" as a default view and for me there is the text "normal" which you already have it seems.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yes, in minimalistic view the menu is not there, only 'button' normal.

I do like the forum default "maemo.org".

But you can change that in your control panel - edit options...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
@Maemish
@peterleinchen

Thank you very much for your help, colleagues. I have finished the guide. There are things I have not done as they are dangerous for a newbie. For example, copy and edit files from the root:

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...9&postcount=18

I've done a lot of things thanks to you, now my phone looks good.

It's not the look of the N900 which matters, neither how one looks with his N900. It matters how you look it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kalatti View Post
I have installed gpe-filemanager and then I have run:

root
gpe-filemanager
Please don't do this, graphical applications should not be run as root.
I'm surprised it worked at all.

FWIW, I use FileBox and it has a "root mode" - I rarely use it though because it's wiser to use the command line for system admin. Learn to ssh into your phone, it's MUCH more comfortable to do it from you desktop machine with a full-size keyboard & screen!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post: