not working

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
As others have said, you need to charge the battery with something other than the N900. Unfortunately, if a batter is completely drained it cannot be charged with the N900. So find another charger to charge it with.

If after putting a charged battery the N900 doesn't work, then you have other problems.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Does this thread qualify for the longest title ever...?

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
As others have said, you need to charge the battery with something other than the N900. Unfortunately, if a batter is completely drained it cannot be charged with the N900. So find another charger to charge it with.

If after putting a charged battery the N900 doesn't work, then you have other problems.
he is not alone obviously.

Try using another nokia battery(any battery that can fit in the n900 battery plugin, not necessary to be a n900 battery, for example I use the nokia 6303 battery when I face a similar problem). Then, using this battery, do a reflash to your n900. And after the reflash put the n900 battery you have and try charging it again.

Originally Posted by toxicated View Post
not working
i just flashed successfully!
the problem was WIndows 7 64bit.

ya, its booting now
thanks everyone!

so whats the cause for this problem? the bootloader stuff?
how can it be broken?
before this, i was tweaking around with nitdroid, multiboot, backupmenu and maemeemo.

anyone have any idea which or what maybe the fault?

well....tried evrythng...no luck...tried a new battery...no luck...the damn thng wont start :\

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by toxicated View Post
well....tried evrythng...no luck...tried a new battery...no luck...the damn thng wont start :\
How did you charge the new battery?......

As others have said, best thing is to charge your battery either in external charger (I recently bought one on ebay for $5...works great...) or another device...

Hopefully, if you get a well charged battery in N900, it will boot up for you...

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

hello i am naresh hear

now 1st explain me when u pluck charger or usb wich msg comes on disply ? i am asking u thats why 3 kind of charging problem and all are difrent (1) no charging (2) charger not suported (3) not charging

wich msg u are showing on disply when u pluck the charger ?