Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
same issue as described in #1339

even after reboot, deleted contacts are still in yappari's list
Thank you!

Nokia N900 (48GB): Maemo 5 PR 1.3 CSSU Smeamo6

greek ? dint know i was this much of a noob !!!

Is there anyway I get this automatically started when n900 is booted/ started?

Also, I use OptimizeN900 script to free up some RAM, reset process etc. Would anyone help me how to reset Yappari from CLI/ terminal as well? I can use that in this OptimizeN900 script!

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ Hong Kong
Pictures and video, I can not accept.
This feature when out?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
Here's a suggestion: with BlueStacks becoming known, you might want to try running WhatsApp on your desktop using the "register with phonecall" system. Yeah, don't do that - Yappari will lose its registration and you'll have to go through the entire NitDroid WhatsApp registration again, which is a chore if you've deleted NitDroid since registering the first time.

*sigh*

Originally Posted by Fallingwater View Post
Here's a suggestion: with BlueStacks becoming known, you might want to try running WhatsApp on your desktop using the "register with phonecall" system. Yeah, don't do that - Yappari will lose its registration and you'll have to go through the entire NitDroid WhatsApp registration again, which is a chore if you've deleted NitDroid since registering the first time.

*sigh*
It would work if yappari didn't pass on the imei to the server, is this possible? This is the hack to get whatsapp working on the nexus 7, deny it access to the imei and then register via bluestacks

I'm in the process of reinstalling NitDroid and WhatsApp. I think I'll leave it installed this time, so I don't have to waste hours on it again if Yappari loses its registration for some reason again.

Don't know about the IMEI thing; I thought it was necessary for the service to even work at all.

Does the following happen to anyone?

In occasions when internet coverage is spotty, sometimes Yappari gets stuck in its "Connecting" state and never actually connects/logs in. It has to be quit and restarted, and for some reason the restart takes a while. Then, it usually reconnects.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Originally Posted by Fallingwater View Post
Does the following happen to anyone?

In occasions when internet coverage is spotty, sometimes Yappari gets stuck in its "Connecting" state and never actually connects/logs in. It has to be quit and restarted, and for some reason the restart takes a while. Then, it usually reconnects.
Same here, exactly same behaviour. I though my N900 was acting up. But it seems I don't have to blame my poor N900 anymore

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
2 personal feature requests (whenever you have time/slot on your to-do list):

Can you create an extra button, (can be fairly translucent so it's not to obvious and be on a non-bottom location, to prevent accidental hitting it). That button would allow copying the content from the previous message from the message queue and put it in the editor.

Let me tell u why, sometimes I'm getting the gray tickbox for some reason or another and it stays that way. Never gets green. In that case I need to retype the whole message, which is sometimes rather big and re-send. Not funny.
If I could have a button to loop through the queue I could easily pick up the last failed message in the edit field and resend it.

It can also help getting over the copy/paste issue from previous messages. One just gets the whole message in the editor, Crtl-C ctrl-V the part of it you want and it has the same functionality as a much more complicated free-form full-screen copy/paste.

So just one button would be enough. Go to and copy the last message if the inputfield if empty. If not empty take the contents of the one before last copied it. And so on. If one wants to reset to the last one, just clear the input box and press the button again.

While I'm at it, it happened to me rather often that when forgetting to lock the keyboard, I end up clearing all messages for a person while being in my pocket.

Is it possible to make a slide-to-delete confirmation screen ? So unwanted screen presses in a trousers pocket are not enough to clear it all ?

Thanks for the work so far, loving it. I hope u can crack the new registration process

The Following User Says Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp