Is there any way to just increase the font size used in the browser with out using the 'zoom' function - this appears to increase image scaling as well as the font size and sometimes screws up page viewing.
I was thinking maybe some config file needs editing or something!

Ravi

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by ravi
Is there any way to just increase the font size used in the browser with out using the 'zoom' function - this appears to increase image scaling as well as the font size and sometimes screws up page viewing.
I was thinking maybe some config file needs editing or something!

Ravi
You have to edit the following file:

/home/user/.opera/opera.ini

Find the entry that says:

Minimum Font Size=(some number)

and replace (some number) with your preference. I use 18.

Thanks!
I'm off to try it out now!

Ravi

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
did it work?

I was "evesdropping." I tried it and it worked fine. Most useful. These forums are great. I would never have thought this was possible, and it sure is necessary for someone like me (and maybe everyone) who gets tired of squinting, yet losing so much of the page when zooming in. Many thanks.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Glad I could help, but I'm not the one who discovered this "feature". A quick search of the forum should give more information on who discovered it first.

And just a reminder: hardly any problem with the 770 is a first one these days, most of the time a search quickly yields the solution. So let's not forget to use that search button, kids!

great hint. It's a pleasure to read now. I set it to 14 point.

Did a search on fonts which led me to opera.ini but still didn't find it. So, if possible could someone direct me or tell me how to edit it to enlarge the font? Thanks

P.S. I'm using the new 2006 OS

Originally Posted by thepainter
Did a search on fonts which led me to opera.ini but still didn't find it. So, if possible could someone direct me or tell me how to edit it to enlarge the font? Thanks

P.S. I'm using the new 2006 OS
You need an editor and a way to access the "raw" Linux filesystem on the 770 (the built in "filemanager" only shows you the directories Nokia wants you to).

I use Midnight Commander, which is a console-based application, so you need to have Xterm installed as well. Midnight Commander is both a file manager and an editor (and so many things more); people who use it tend to claim it's easy to use, but don't let us fool you: it takes some getting used to.

On ITOS 2005 I used Leafpad, which is a nice editor, but I have no idea whether it has been ported to ITOS 2006 (yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
I have Xtem but don't have Midnight Commander. Can I get that from the Apps section of this site?

Ravi