Active Topics

Originally Posted by cooldubai View Post
A Suggestion:

At times while the N900 is idle, it locks itself, and while driving its difficult to unlock the screen, so I was suggesting that just by a touch on the screen the N900 is unlocked, while the application is running?

Can somebody develope it?
I installed a 12V car charger in my car and a belkin phone stand. whenever i am in the car my n900 is being loaded. In "options/preferences" -> "Display" of your phone you can activate the option to have the display on whenever the n900 is loaded... and your problem is solved...

The Following User Says Thank You to redhotfoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by cooldubai View Post
A Suggestion:

At times while the N900 is idle, it locks itself, and while driving its difficult to unlock the screen, so I was suggesting that just by a touch on the screen the N900 is unlocked, while the application is running?

Can somebody develope it?
rotoflex solution:
Simple Brightness Apple
will cause battery drain
if not using ...

redhotfoo's suggestion:
to load battery with car charger and keep display always on with settings/display/on_during_charge

Here is my approach:
just keep the keyboard slide out (open). This will let the display timeout after some (default: 60) seconds. And will come lightened with Your desired one-touch click.
You may achieve the same with hidden keyboard and settings/display/auto_lock_display switched off (be careful during normal day-by-day use).

does anyone find fm carkit slowing down or hanging the phone sometimes? i make / receive a couple of calls and then the phone just becomes very very slow (hangs). it eventually recovers after a minute or so.

any ideas? i'm on pr 1.3.1, latest cssu and kernel power v49

Originally Posted by droll View Post
does anyone find fm carkit slowing down or hanging the phone sometimes?

any ideas? i'm on pr 1.3.1, latest cssu and kernel power v49
No way.
I have it in use for months now and never experienced such behaviour. (only very dumb rx lost because I forgot to disable after leaving car )
I am on PR1.3 (1.3.1 now) and have KP47 (formerly 45,42). so I would not claim FM carkit nor KP nor PR ...

well it's odd then that my phone does this. it seems to get worse as my uptime increases. the slowdown lasts about 10 to 15 seconds. the only thing i see eating up about 15 to 18 percent cpu is pulse audio.

so in your case the phone responds in the same speed as when fm carkit is disabled?

Yes, it is odd.
No problems with fmcarkit so far, but never used it longer than one/two hour or phone calls longer 30 minutes.

But my phone sometimes behave as you described without fmcarkit enabled!
How long is the uptime of your device. when this happens? More than one/two days? I have not found any solution to that else than a reboot.
Or does it happen also after fresh reboot?

within a few minutes after fresh reboot it starts behaving so. it seems to be triggered by multiple uses of fm-carkit i.e. making phone calls with the app enabled. is there anything i can do to log what's happening?

Sorry, no idea. Neither about solution nor log behaviour.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Hi Folks.

is fm-carkit still maintained by anyone?
Well I got issues with v. 0.4 some time ago. and I wonder if anyone got knowledge of fixing it.

exp.
routing calls to fm works great, but after the call is finished and the phone returns to the media player, the sound isn't transmitted anymore. It's playing silently on the phone, but transmitter is still on...
how can this be fixed?