Hi,

i will bought an 4 GB USB Stick and an USB Adapter A - Buchse / B - Mini 5pol. plug for 30 €

My question:
  • Which Linux instructions are necessary ?
  • Will run it at both devices (N770 and N800) ?
Thanks in advance

Fidibus

Unless something new has happened in the last couple of days, there is still no option to run the N800 USB controller in host mode. Until this happens (hopefully) there is no way of using a memory stick with it - converter or not.

As for the N770 it should be possible as long as you also use a power injector and/or a (battery-)powered USB hub - this has been described a few times around these forums.

Good luck :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Kny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
I would buy 4GB SD or MMCplus card and card USB reader. It can be found for similar price and you can remove the card and use it in the tablet or use it as usb stick inside the reader.

I have recently bought Transcend 4GB MMCplus card and this http://www.sharkoon.com/enghtml/usb.htm#xcplus reader. Total price was 834+239=1073 CZK ~= 38€

Read speed in the reader is ~ 14MB/s, write is ~ 3.5MB/s

Hi fanush,

ok - which Linux instructions are necessary to use it and what Nokia Tablet (N770 or N800) do you have in use ?

Thanks fanush - Thanks Kny

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Originally Posted by Fidibus View Post
Hi fanush,

ok - which Linux instructions are necessary to use it and what Nokia Tablet (N770 or N800) do you have in use ?

Thanks fanush - Thanks Kny
So far only the 770 will work. See http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...hp/t-1211.html for more info on building the power injector. You need some way to power what you plug in, so this will do the job. If you're clever you can hack a powered USB hub to send power to the host port but that's a little more tricky since every hub is different and you could fry it in the process. All depends on how familiar you are with a soldering iron and voltmeter.

Larry