Active Topics

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
For the wiki you need a community log-in (there are three logins for maemo.org - let's not go there... Single site login is expected to be implemented on Tuesday).. Then you find that when you enter the wiki everything is editable.

So all you need to do is find a bit of information that's missing and that you know the answer to - and you're away.

For testing you need to take your courage pill. Then enable the maemo-extras-testing repository. Be warned: the whole point of this is that these apps have not been tested and may do unpredictable things to your device. If you have a problem you need the third log-in - Bugzilla. Not the most user-friendly but of Maemo.org (IMHO) you need a fair degree of skill to submit a Good Bug. On the other hand, if you find the app you have tested to be clean, useful and trouble free, you can vote on it (I believe that's a pretty complex procedure too).

As I understand, apps need 64 positive votes to make the transition to maemo-extras.

This is your mission should you choose to accept it... this post will ot self-destruct.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
For the wiki you need a community log-in (there are three logins for maemo.org - let's not go there... Single site login is expected to be implemented on Tuesday).. Then you find that when you enter the wiki everything is editable.

So all you need to do is find a bit of information that's missing and that you know the answer to - and you're away.

For testing you need to take your courage pill. Then enable the maemo-extras-testing repository. Be warned: the whole point of this is that these apps have not been tested and may do unpredictable things to your device. If you have a problem you need the third log-in - Bugzilla. Not the most user-friendly but of Maemo.org (IMHO) you need a fair degree of skill to submit a Good Bug. On the other hand, if you find the app you have tested to be clean, useful and trouble free, you can vote on it (I believe that's a pretty complex procedure too).

As I understand, apps need 64 positive votes to make the transition to maemo-extras.

This is your mission should you choose to accept it... this post will ot self-destruct.
So, the Wiki, Forum, and Bugzilla logins will be linked on tuesday? Probably just best to wait until then. What logon will it use for those that have multiple logons already?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Chapbass View Post
So, the Wiki, Forum, and Bugzilla logins will be linked on tuesday? Probably just best to wait until then. What logon will it use for those that have multiple logons already?
Sorry - old internet joke. Tuesday... not necessarily this Tuesday. Possibly a Tuesday some time in 2012... 'Tuesday' = it is planned and intended but who knows when it will happen. Bit like Nokia deliveries, really.

Please excuse my silly humour.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Sorry - old internet joke. Tuesday... not necessarily this Tuesday. Possibly a Tuesday some time in 2012... 'Tuesday' = it is planned and intended but who knows when it will happen. Bit like Nokia deliveries, really.

Please excuse my silly humour.
Oh har...sorry I just woke up

Time to sign up then!