Active Topics

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by jtc42 View Post
The 'Home' text over the icon is a bit of a bummer on the home scree. But a load of videos seem to have it fixed, is there a fix i've missed or do they know something I dont?
I've been told that either we'll be told how to fix it - or it will be in the next release of the Diablo5 theme
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I've been told that either we'll be told how to fix it - or it will be in the next release of the Diablo5 theme
Sounds promising, cheers

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Ottawa, Canada
Just wanted to chime in and say this is a pretty awesome theme. Looks very good already, although there are some minor issues:

-Not sure if this has been touched on already, but right now I'm not getting a text cursor that shows up in white. For example, if I want to type in a web address, then I can't see where my text cursor is. If I wanted to fix a typo, it's a bit tricky to see which character you're editing.

-The telescope app switcher looks really nice, but there are some problems when you have applications that have different resolutions. If you go fullscreen in a game for example and try to switch apps, then you're screen can get really screwed up and there's no means of exiting all the applications. I'm not sure if you're involved with the app switcher, but maybe a utility that kills all open applications and resets the resolution could be added so this is avoided.

Some of the other updates look really nice. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
TheHMan, the problem you described seems to be caused by Telescope. Could you tell me the name of game that causes such misbehavior in order me to reproduce the bug? Please post into Telescope thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50689 Thanks

"Home" label on desktop can be disabled by altering locale files. But we need to find some universal way for disabling it in all locales...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I really like the look of this theme, but have switched back to a regular theme for a small number of reasons which I have listed below, and hopefully workarounds will be found. I don't want anybody to think I am just moaning, but I want these to be taken as constructive crititism. I'm still using this theme on my backup N800, and will continue to do so.

1. No notifications from email etc when using this theme - I think this may possiblly be due to losing the side pane for some reason. email and chat are 2 of my biggest uses of the device, so losing these are an isue for mew.

2. Font size is a bit too small - May be I'm just getting old, but I find that the default font size is too small for me to read comfortably.

3. Some of the colours don't work all the time due to misbehaved apps. Examples are chat, and the hyperlinks in emails (either red or blue - almost unreadable on a black background). one possible solution would be to use the same theme setup, but change the colouring so that the backgrounds are gray possibly.

I'm going to have a dig about on my N800 and fiddle with some bits, and if I break it, then I still have my N810 as my main device.

Gaz

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
i lost my menu button :/
also it is not allowing me to check its check button on statusbar settings screen
i had fremantle and thinklinux themes before
i had problems while uninstalling thinklinux i guess it is because of widethemed-remover which was uninstalling wide theme plugins while uninstalling thinklinux

Originally Posted by McLightning View Post
i lost my menu button :/
also it is not allowing me to check its check button on statusbar settings screen
i had fremantle and thinklinux themes before
i had problems while uninstalling thinklinux i guess it is because of widethemed-remover which was uninstalling wide theme plugins while uninstalling thinklinux
solved
by installing widethemed-remover again
then restart
then deactivated and uninstalled diablo5
then restarted again
then installed diablo5 again
then restarted again
afterwards it worked

I'm agree, lack of mail notifications and chat must be fixed to make this a killer theme; is there any workaround to receive mail and chat notifications and keep this theme while is fixed?

btw it is great to see some people are still developing for n8x0 devices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Could someone post this file for me?

/usr/share/themes/Diablo5/matchbox/theme.xml