Closed Thread
Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
1. Glyph is misplaced.
2. Background color doesn't match official WhatsApp color.

Here is my final result. I created it according to the N9 Icon Design Guidelines. I used the official WhatsApp media images (the vector logo for the glyph) and used the same proportians and glyph positioning as the iPhone app icon. The background should match the color of the official logo fairly well. An exact match isn't possible because the WhatsApp logo has a different gradient style as the Nokia N9 Iconography specifies.
it's perfect

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Hey guys, here is quick progress update:
  • Message delivery indicators - Almost
  • Chat logging - Done
  • Editing Status - Not yet
  • Only 1 to 1 Conversations - Done
  • Contacts sync - Done
  • Integration with Accounts manager - Done
  • Integration with Meego's notifications - Almost
  • Running the app in background - Not yet

And adding to the done list too:
  • Registration which is done too via native Accounts manager. It also automatically parses the received Whatsapp code so you wouldn't enter it manually.
  • Contact is typing indicator
  • Contact presence

I would greatly appreciate any advises concerning running the app in background. I'm looking for a behavior that would be pretty much similar to how original Whatsapp works (almost un-exitable). PS: I'm using python + PySide.

The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
-Tyler-, ajack, almamo, ameeruchee, blackjack4it, blakkpanter, bnwg, Brian_7, Cholfo, daniscott, dcastrog, demludi, diegofigueroa, dipack95, DJBENTZY, don_falcone, Dousan, ErrorlnDisplay, et3rnal, Etchelon, fareed_xtreme, flyingbathtub, foobar, Gandan, gng554, gpollano, Hariainm, herno24, ijamking, iMarck90, imo, isorn, jcharpak, Jerex, jjcordero, Kaamp, kent_autistic, lebanez, legendsohai, localhost, lociluco, marcoita, MastaG, mike_shenoda, milanjakob, mingfan, mirondanro, Mohammed Muid, msantoni82, nokiaqueen, Nosph3ratu, rajveer, ravent-n900, Reflektorfalke, SamGan, shanttu, sirpaul, smoothc, sony123, sorin88, soryuuha, souseh, strange1712, superjunior, tcbl50, Tetlee, thanyapat, The Best Isaac, The Wizard of Huz, TMavica, tollek8, tony3i3, UnlimiteD3k, voancea, Weirdfisher, Wreck, ynnad179, youmeego, youngcalihottie, Zelig, ZogG, Zoxir
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Oh and here is a Website for you

http://wazapp.im/

Really thanks for the icons!

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
check Your mail, mate

keep up the good work!

[tw] @kegnatz

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
btw regarding app working in backgroud - I don't know if it could help, but take a look at the Battery Usage app, and WhozCalling app - they are some kind of almost-no-exit-working-in-the-background-apps. No source available for us, mortals, but with what You have in Your hands, they might be cooperative

[tw] @kegnatz

tgalal <3 <3 <3

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Firstly many thanks once again for all the great work tgalal and others are doing on this project!

I haven't kept up to date with this thread recently, but I noticed you're currently focusing on 1-to-1 conversations for the first release. Is there any word on adding the Group Chat feature at some point? Is it possible?

I've found that it is one of the best features of WhatsApp and would love for it to be added at some point - I currently run WhatsApp on an Android x86 installation on a PC and access it from my N900 through VNC. It's unwieldy... But it's functional (most of the time).

Keep up the great work and look forward to hearing more when it's ready! =)

Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Hey guys, here is quick progress update:
  • Message delivery indicators - Almost
  • Chat logging - Done
  • Editing Status - Not yet
  • Only 1 to 1 Conversations - Done
  • Contacts sync - Done
  • Integration with Accounts manager - Done
  • Integration with Meego's notifications - Almost
  • Running the app in background - Not yet

And adding to the done list too:
  • Registration which is done too via native Accounts manager. It also automatically parses the received Whatsapp code so you wouldn't enter it manually.
  • Contact is typing indicator
  • Contact presence

I would greatly appreciate any advises concerning running the app in background. I'm looking for a behavior that would be pretty much similar to how original Whatsapp works (almost un-exitable). PS: I'm using python + PySide.
I think that is better to use the push framework than running the app in the background. If you can't use the push framework think about a daemon that pulls the messages from Whatsapp in a interval of time.

What about integrating in telepathy?

Regards.

Last edited by Moli_T; 2012-03-30 at 08:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moli_T For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Moli_T View Post
I think that is better to use the push framework than running the app in the background. If you can't use the push framework think about a daemon that pulls the messages from Whatsapp in a interval of time.

What about integrating in telepathy?

Regards.
Using the PUSH API would be awesome, but requires some server side implementation.

http://projects.developer.nokia.com/...ationsapi/wiki

If anyone is interested in some help with this, drop me a message here.

Greets,

Florian

The Following User Says Thank You to florian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by florian View Post
Using the PUSH API would be awesome, but requires some server side implementation.

http://projects.developer.nokia.com/...ationsapi/wiki

If anyone is interested in some help with this, drop me a message here.

Greets,

Florian
Do you want a PM or this one is enough? I can help in my free time. Just tell how to help.

Regards.

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls