Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
1GB is more than enough. Look at N900 now. Its running very smooth with 256 ram and guess how smooth Neo900 will be with 512/1GB of ram??

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
I've bought a N900 few days ago, tried to configuring for my use, I've seen it's difficult for me to use it as my main phone, I'm fascinated but I can say it's very slow compared with modern smartphones, I'm not able to log in into FB and Twitter apps, don't know why, G+ don't exist and browser is too slow.
To be honest I've bought it because of neo900 project, which is very interesting and can give a new life to my n900, but actually I don't think to use it as my main phone.
BTW I have a N9 too, faster enough but I hope there will be a neo9 project in future.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
I've bought a N900 few days ago, tried to configuring for my use, I've seen it's difficult for me to use it as my main phone, I'm fascinated but I can say it's very slow compared with modern smartphones, I'm not able to log in into FB and Twitter apps, don't know why, G+ don't exist and browser is too slow.
To be honest I've bought it because of neo900 project, which is very interesting and can give a new life to my n900, but actually I don't think to use it as my main phone.
BTW I have a N9 too, faster enough but I hope there will be a neo9 project in future.

N900 is for slow ppl without any hurry in the world. Thats why I love it...i Will soon launch n900 week 2015.. Welcome to the club.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-08-16 at 13:16.

check in...

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
I do.
If there were any real alternatives, I wouldn't, but since I don't like any current mobile OS on the market and no phones have hardware keyboards...

My N9 (previous work phone) never worked properly and since I already have the N900 to fiddle around with I put no effort into finding out why.
My Galaxy S4 Mini (current work phone) is just awful to use, could perhaps be improved with a custom ROM etc...but again, not worht the effort for me.
The Windows Phone devices (Lumias all) I've used have been reasonable as basic dumb/feature phones, but that's all they felt good for.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Since i feel great need for a hw keyboard, i am planning to follow the same route as you (n900 -> neo900). Would you mind telling me the condition of the phone you've got and how much you've paid? Thanks.

Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
Since i feel great need for a hw keyboard, i am planning to follow the same route as you (n900 -> neo900). Would you mind telling me the condition of the phone you've got and how much you've paid? Thanks.
I've bought it for 80€, quite good conditions and with all accessories, it have a little scratch on the screen, nothing else.
The only thing I still don't understand is how much it is modded/tweaked, I'm too noob right now.
I have to say I like it, it's a piece of fat technology, but I have to learn a lot about it and it's not easy to ask something because here are all veterans, my questions could appear stupid.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to akira.pwr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I've bought it for 80€, quite good conditions and with all accessories, it have a little scratch on the screen, nothing else.
The only thing I still don't understand is how much it is modded/tweaked, I'm too noob right now.
I have to say I like it, it's a piece of fat technology, but I have to learn a lot about it and it's not easy to ask something because here are all veterans, my questions could appear stupid.
Its more stupid to not to ask. Just call me and i Will create a thread: "Question too stupid to ask" for you.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

LoL, ok, that's can be useful for new users and future neo900 users.
Seriously, I've though to open a thread to ask something, but often in past veterans answered me "if you don't know what is it, you don't need it", it's annoying for me.
Well, if you will help me to understand this device or open a thread, I'll be very grateful

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Seriously, I've though to open a thread to ask something, but often in past veterans answered me "if you don't know what is it, you don't need it", it's annoying for me.
Yeah, there are a lot of curmudgeonly folks on this board. You just kind of have to work around them.

<rant mode>I think the thing that drives me up the wall most of all is when someone replies "Use the search feature to find forum threads on your topic". GAAAH! If someone is taking the time to post on TMO (especially someone who has come here for the first time), it's because they want to talk to a human being. Otherwise, they'd have gone to Google instead. What's the point of even having a forum board if you immediately turn away everyone who arrives here?</rant mode>

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900