Notices

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Motorola Droid 2. 3630 OMAP (N900's big brother) and keyboard. Tried one out today. If I did not already have the Incredible, I would get this.

If on Sprint, the Samsung Galaxy EPIC will be nice too, since fast chipset and keyboard.

Good thing about the Droid 2 is 8gb of built-in app space and good thing about the Epic is bigger display (4" vs 3.7"). Of course, both on different carriers.

I wish the US had Europe's wide-open hardware options And their really good beer in pubs

PSX4ALL on Android has played about every game I have tried. Still amazed that the games I mentioned play smoothly and with sound. I am able to fit about 2X the games on a card, in eboot pbp format.

added: Some games play slow (some 3D fighters mainly). The one game that plays a little better on the N900 is Dead or Alive. Slow on both devices, but still better on the N900 app.
On which device did you try PSX4android?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Belgium
For the people intrested ... I uploaded the last version of smoku's sources of psx4m (http://github.com/beligit/psx4m). It is not the one with the cycle multiplier command line option but the version just before.

The Following User Says Thank You to beli For This Useful Post:
why not at least up the newest version to github?
http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...e/psx4m/0.4.2/
even though its allready available...

this one seems to have the cyclemultiplier in it at least if you look at the source its there.

btw dont know if you guys know but in about 4 days the gp32spain coding competition ends and franxis has coded a heavily optimized and improved version of pcsx for the wiz.
with things like: all new dynarec, GTE writen in ARM assembler, improved the original GPU plugin from psx4all, SPU rewritten by franxis this means sound should be allot better.
when the competition ends he plans to release the source code and im pretty sure its gets portet to the pandora, so it shouldnt be too hard to port the pandora port to n900. i would try it myself but dont got an n900.

Last edited by tabris; 2010-08-12 at 20:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tabris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by tabris View Post
btw dont know if you guys know but in about 4 days the gp32spain coding competition ends and franxis has coded a heavily optimized and improved version of pcsx for the wiz.
with things like: all new dynarec, GTE writen in ARM assembler, improved the original GPU plugin from psx4all, SPU rewritten by franxis this means sound should be allot better.
when the competition ends he plans to release the source code and im pretty sure its gets portet to the pandora, so it shouldnt be too hard to port the pandora port to n900. i would try it myself but dont got an n900.
That's right, but dont expect a pandora version in 4 days. Also, the version of PCSX-Reloaded Franxis and Chui are coding are made with ARMv5 assembler, not ARMv7

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
On which device did you try PSX4android?
Incredible

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
so smokus left maemo?? dammmm.. farewell!

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Incredible
I really wonder how it runs on a Droid (1). It doesn't have GPU accel now does it?

you bloody drama queens
big fanfare coz i'm leaving after taking all the fish
lame 2x giving the reason ovi?
whatever man

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
That's right, but dont expect a pandora version in 4 days. Also, the version of PCSX-Reloaded Franxis and Chui are coding are made with ARMv5 assembler, not ARMv7
yes i guess it will take a little bit for a pandora port, but think it wont take too long cause franxis isnt like zodttd and actually does share the code.The pandora community seem to really want a god psx emulator so im pretty sure someone over there will port it pretty soone.And as far as i know ARM cpus are downwards compatible(would be stupid if they werent) so the ARMv5 assembler shouldnt be a problem, off course it could be even faster with ARMv7 assembler but it allready runs pretty amazing on the wiz(wich isnt as powefull as pandora/n900) so i wouldnt bother to rewrite it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tabris For This Useful Post:
Thanks for sharing the info, tabris. The assemblers are indeed backwards compatible, so it shouldn't be an issue (though ARMv7 would be better, as you say). How about the GPU plugin? Is it OpenGL ES 2.0 on the wiz? (I have next to no info, apologies) It should be relatively easy to port from Pandora (or maybe straight from wiz). The only issue could be the sound? I think smokku had to write some pulseaudio code for that?

Tags
bonapart_rules, its dead......., playstation, psx4all, sausaaaaaaaaage, sausage tag, try & emu mgs4, who needs this?, whytagsmerged?, wurstthreadever