Hi ikkysleepy, what is the status of getting the trailers to play in the app instead of the browser? I hope you haven't given up on this. Like another poster here I find the quality of browser based trailers unacceptable although I don't want to start an argument here.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Hi ikkysleepy, what is the status of getting the trailers to play in the app instead of the browser? I hope you haven't given up on this. Like another poster here I find the quality of browser based trailers unacceptable although I don't want to start an argument here.
I submitted an update (with trailer streaming fix) on Friday and it was approved on Sat. but for some reason the Nokia Store still hasn't updated the version. I'll e-mail them on Tuesday, but they will probably give me this canned response "The file will appear in Nokia Store, usually 5-7 business days after it was submitted to QA."

version 0.13 includes
* Fixed Trailers Streaming
* Fixed Country Bug
* Added Reset Database button to Settings
* Renamed Cache folder to be hidden

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post:
Just received the new version. Trailers are working properly again. Thank you Jorge.

Houston, we have a problem! Trailers are not playing within the app again. Has youtube changed their protocol yet again?

Last edited by SamGan; 2013-05-16 at 07:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Houston, we have a problem! Trailers are not playing within the app again. Has youtube changed their protocol yet again?
Same here.

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Same here.
I am aware of the problem. Is anyone interested in helping. I just made the app free to get more people interested. The problem seems to be with Youtube cookies. I am getting the stream correctly but youtube is blocking access.

Also, is anyone interested in continue developing the app? My N9 had some hardware failure and I got another phone and haven't been developing on it since then.

Popflix has stopped updating movies. Is this the end of the road?

Sorry guys, I dropped the bawl on this one. The RottenTomatoes API key was disabled for no reason, 6 months ago. They must have upgraded their API. I didn't notice until someone e-mailed me over a week ago. I had to get them to re-activate the key, which took a week.

I don't know if anyone still uses meego but i'll keep hosting the scripts on the backend.

The Following User Says Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by ikkysleepy View Post
I don't know if anyone still uses meego but i'll keep hosting the scripts on the backend.
I still use my N9 as my daily driver, and I really appreciate you keeping your app usable. Unfortunately, since the trailers still don't work, I haven't used Pop Flix in some time.
Thank you got continuing to support our OS!

I use this on my N9... a fairly regular basis! Thanks a lot for the app. Let us know if you're working on it, I'd be happy to report a couple of bugs/issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post: