Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
In other news: Thanks for the get-well-wishes. I'm semi better and might find some time to work on the app later this week. Please don't hold your breath for a weekend release, though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
I thought about this a bit and finally came to the conclusion that the way the official app handles this is the best approach.

Generally you would want to use this as a way to swipe to the previous / next item in a list after you chose an image from the gallery view. This in itself makes sense and it a valid request.

The way the official app handles this is to offer a toggle between gallery and feed view for all logical cluters of images. So instead of swiping you would just scroll to get to the next. As the gallery view is essentially the detail view anyway it makes no difference and acts as a vertical swipe.

Summary: Good point, I'll add the gallery / feed view toggle

What do you all think?
I think that this is a great idea.

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Hi, I started using Instago yesterday, very nice work! Nice and clean UI... finger crossed for photos upload

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Hi, I started using Instago yesterday, very nice work! Nice and clean UI... finger crossed for photos upload
Same !!

The way the official app handles this is to offer a toggle between gallery and feed view for all logical cluters of images. So instead of swiping you would just scroll to get to the next. As the gallery view is essentially the detail view anyway it makes no difference and acts as a vertical swipe.
Well, this only works when browsing other people's photos and when clicking on hashtags AFAICT. When searching for hashtags, it would be good if one could easily reach that as well, maybe by presenting the top 5 search results as links above the stream.

It would be nice if the "Popular" stream could also be switched to feed view.

My main gripe is that it would be nice to have a view of a photo, with likes, hashtags and comments below, and being able to swipe to the next in the particular stream. Right now, you still have to click on the comments for each photo and the "back" button again.

In any case, I don't want to sound too negative... The additions in 0.6.1 are great and I think instago is a fantastic and extremely well done app!

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Hi all,

here is the next developer version: 0.6.1 (developer build).

Direct download link is here.

Here is the changelog from developer version 0.6.0:

* Added intro page if users are not logged in
* Added gallery / feed view switch for user images
* Added gallery / feed view switch for hashtag search results
* Added links for hashtags in image caption
* Added links for user names in image caption
* Added links for hashtags in comments
* Added links for user names in comments
* Added WazappPureRegular font by @knobtviker for limited Emoji support

About this version:

I finally added links for hashtags and users (only visible if you are logged in). Also the discussed gallery / feed view switcher is available now, although I preferred a button in the title bar for this instead of the Instagram style buttons in the actual gallery component.

The Emoji support is just a fake. All I do is use a font that contains the special characters for Emojis so nothing is shown instead of squares (or some emoticon). Anyway, it's just a workaround until I have time to implement a working solution (thanks @knobtviker for the font).

As ususal the version is tested on my N9 and runs pretty well. Please report all bugs or quirks you may find here or on the project page.

I'm a bit out of ideas what to do as the next bigger step for Instago. Of course there are still some little things to clean up, but that's not going to keep me for long.

So I guess I could do two things:

* Wait for an Instagram response regarding whitelisting (propably won't happen) and use the time to port Instago to Belle (likely as I still have an N8) or Fremantle (less likely as I don't have an N900).

* Go ahead and implement features using the closed down endpoints the official app uses (possible but may get the app and me banned from Instagram).

Thoughts?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

here is the next developer version: 0.6.1 (developer build).

* Go ahead and implement features using the closed down endpoints the official app uses (possible but may get the app and me banned from Instagram).

Thoughts?
anyone please implement the upload features.. really needed.. thank you for all your hard work Dirk!

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Originally Posted by baem90 View Post
anyone please implement the upload features.. really needed.. thank you for all your hard work Dirk!
haha..u should ask @dirk himself bout that

The Following User Says Thank You to N9owner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ London/Hong Kong
Was just wondering if any app has been banned for that in the past?

The Following User Says Thank You to damuffinman For This Useful Post:
@dirk

Why don't you ask facebook directly for permission :P

Tags
development, instago, instagram