Notices

Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I have backported Saera v2.0.0 to run on the N900. I am waiting to release it until I can release the Sailfish OS version as well, which is currently on hold - because I still haven't found a working build of pocketsphinx for SailfishOS, and have been unsuccessful at building it myself.
Please don't hold up the N900 release too long; I'm sure plenty of people would like to play with it.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
I wanna play with the SailfishOS version so badly

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
A few days ago I heard about Sirius(http://sirius.clarity-lab.org/sirius/), it might be helpful to look into. There can be inspirations/collaboration or code sharing. However, it has a server side too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
Saera will only be available in English or it will be possible to speak in other languages ​​?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deiv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deiv View Post
Saera will only be available in English or it will be possible to speak in other languages ​​?
Saera 2.0 uses a lot more grammar cues than the previous version. It will probably not have translations into any other languages until I can find programmers who speak them to help me. That said, there's no technical reason that other languages couldn't be supported.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
so when do we get the updated Harmattan version ??

The Following User Says Thank You to sid21177 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I have backported Saera v2.0.0 to run on the N900. I am waiting to release it until I can release the Sailfish OS version as well, which is currently on hold - because I still haven't found a working build of pocketsphinx for SailfishOS, and have been unsuccessful at building it myself.
I was the one who built them for Harmattan (maesphinx ), which kind of problems you're having? Are you starting from my patched source, or did you try a newer version?

By the way, if anyone has/knows/finds a decent model for Spanish that works with pocketsphinx, I'd like to know... Last time I tried the VoxForge one (Harmattan times) I wasn't able to get it to recognize anything..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I was the one who built them for Harmattan (maesphinx ), which kind of problems you're having? Are you starting from my patched source, or did you try a newer version?

By the way, if anyone has/knows/finds a decent model for Spanish that works with pocketsphinx, I'd like to know... Last time I tried the VoxForge one (Harmattan times) I wasn't able to get it to recognize anything..
Mainly the issues I am running into are that it seems to require all sorts of libraries just to build it, many of which aren't in the Jolla repos and I'm getting tired of hunting them down.

I've started experimenting with using Julius instead, as it is written in C++ with almost no dependencies. It's a bit more work creating the language models as there is no equivalent to CMU's lmtool, but I think it might be a valid alternative on the Jolla.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Progress: I have Julius up and working on Ubuntu with a basic language model. Saera now has a desktop interface as well, and Julius allows for something Pocketsphinx didn't really, namely triggers (à la "Okay Google) - saying "Saera" will make it wake up and start listening to you. (This will probably just be an option on mobile given that it draws more power to be listening constantly.)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Saera 2.0 uses a lot more grammar cues than the previous version. It will probably not have translations into any other languages until I can find programmers who speak them to help me. That said, there's no technical reason that other languages couldn't be supported.
Can you put your project on transifex? If yes we can help you with the translation process...

The Following User Says Thank You to deiv For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text