Originally Posted by canteene View Post
4. Are there limitations as to which android applications can run on sailfish OS ?
There are only two real limitations you would likely come across. One is that the Android compatibility layer is at Android 4.4, so any applications that require a higher minimum Android version to run won't work (I don't actually know any applications like this, but I'm not an appoholic). The other thing is that many applications requiring proprietary Google services are unlikely to work 100%, although it is technically possible to manually install those Google packages (or alternatives). I think other limitations are due to hardware, not software.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thanks for the support!

Yes I want to have full Sailfish OS for it, that depends on the budget, I can only say it's my target, but I'm working on it...

We need a device that is other than a screen, and a different OS other than Android and iOS, and I'm working on that!

This is huge news!! If you succeed, I will consider you are from another planet.
I will skip the Xperia thing and will wait for this, 2 of them, please
My Jolla1 is still going strong but nothing is ethernal.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
...I never understand how people can work with HW. It's mostly hard work and no money machine but rather a problem machine
Are you married?
Dealing with "problem machines" can bear fruits you could not achive in other ways

...Anyways, what will you do when you finally get the money?...
Crossfinancing is not a bad thing imho.
It looks like Chen put personal money into one or even both endevours and being able to show your creditors that your idea actually can generate profit sure makes finishing the product(s) easier and will be helpfull in future negotiations to finance next projects

I also did not fully understand the 15days remark.
Does IGG not release the money the day the campaign ends?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Are you married?
Dealing with "problem machines" can bear fruits you could not achive in other ways

Crossfinancing is not a bad thing imho.
It looks like Chen put personal money into one or even both endevours and being able to show your creditors that your idea actually can generate profit sure makes finishing the product(s) easier and will be helpfull in future negotiations to finance next projects

I also did not fully understand the 15days remark.
Does IGG not release the money the day the campaign ends?
No, I'm not a fan of marriages (for us). So many ways you can show your love to one another. I know it's possibly without marriage my man. the best way is to have common goals in life.

Crossfinincing? What about lobster and champagne?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by canteene View Post
Hello - I am new to this forum but hope my questions have not been answered elsewhere.

1. Does the new Youyota tablet allow booting the OS from the SD-card ?

2. Does the Youyota allow to boot the OS from a usb-connected storage device ?

3. Does the Youyota support a usb keyboard via the usb-otg connector ?

4. Are there limitations as to which android applications can run on sailfish OS ?

Thanks for anyone who can clarify these points !
Laetitia
1 was never tested
2 yes
3 yes
4 yes only android 4.4 api level

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
1 was never tested
Why not? Can't be a big deal imho. Open Pandora or IndieGo! Console can both boot from sd card; they are based on Linux operating systems, Super Zaxxon/IndieGo! OS respectively. The predecessor to the Open Pandora (600 MHz + 1 Ghz variants), the upcoming Dragonbox Pyra by Evil Dragon/Michael Mrozek, will be able to boot from one of the two sdxc card slots, too.

As long as you can specify a device type like usb stick, sd card, external hd or NAS drive to boot from and you can secify the boot device order it should be possible, no?

Last edited by indie carmayne; 2017-07-09 at 11:56. Reason: missing comma, updated information

The Following User Says Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
You have chance to test it yourself. Tablet have 64-bit uefi.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Crossfinincing? What about lobster and champagne?
right, i sure wish him to be able to have decent breakfast when he deservedly got incredibly rich for taking massive personal risc. Fingers crossed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
You have chance to test it yourself. Tablet have 64-bit uefi.
According to this link it should be possible under Linux with some tools like Unetbootin and 7-zip:

https://www.pcwelt.de/ratgeber/USB-S...t-9708789.html

(Sorry, link is only in German)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
right, i sure wish him to be able to have decent breakfast when he deservedly got incredibly rich for taking massive personal risc. Fingers crossed.
Indeed. We should have such a perk(and Jolla should support it)

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os