I disabled it right away, because it is distracting. Many times I need to compare the number of hits for a specific search term vs. another. For that purpose I need the screen to "freeze" for a second or two so I can read.

A question: When I search by typing in the URL-field, the result is shown on a mobile version of google. How to show it as if I search through google.com?

I know its completely offtopic but thanks :-)

Hasn't this been around for ages? Sorry if I'm missing the feature but I've been using this on my PC and N900 for a few weeks at least on normal google.co.uk without being signed in...

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Works well with Firefox 1.1. No login needed, just start typing and it goes.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
Hasn't this been around for ages? Sorry if I'm missing the feature but I've been using this on my PC and N900 for a few weeks at least on normal google.co.uk without being signed in...
I think some randomly selected people have had it for a while as a beta test, so I guess you were one of the lucky ones.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NC, USA
Originally Posted by dave1010 View Post
The special URL is http://www.google.com/webhp?sclient=psy - I guess the "psy" is chort for psychic. Works for me, logged in, in the UK.
This does not work for me, logged in, in the US.

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
No luck here either. (Logged in the US.) Here too I prefer Google Desktop version link over the mobile version.

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
A question: When I search by typing in the URL-field, the result is shown on a mobile version of google. How to show it as if I search through google.com?
Type about:config on the address bar, then search for keyword.URL. I think that's the right one. I think there was a wiki article about MicroB somewhere that mentioned this.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by dave1010 View Post
Type about:config on the address bar, then search for keyword.URL. I think that's the right one. I think there was a wiki article about MicroB somewhere that mentioned this.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Location_bar_tricks

Tags
browser, google, microb