Active Topics

Hi,

Is there an option to not shut down the display and only let it backlight and lock itself after a few seconds?

thanks!

I'm talking about the Nokia N900, of course.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
So you want your screen locked but still on but not backlit?!

I don't want it completely dark, that's what I mean

I want to be able to only slide my finger to unlock it instead of having to press the 'on' button to turn the screen on

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
you could just slide the slide-key?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Yes that is a nice option to have. The N900 screen is transflective, so one can see the time with the backlight off pretty much anywhere (N95 anyone?). Plus the slide to unlock is a bonus.
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZER BUY

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:49.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
So you want the sensor tablet to be on in locked mode, so when it's pressed it will re-activate as if the power button has been pressed? I don't think there's a stock way of doing this, and I'm not sure you'd really want it if there was.

The problem is, how do you distinguish a person touching it from some other thing, like keys in your pocket, (or your pocket for that matter)? It would turn the back light on a lot just from getting "touched" while in your pocket. Also, the digitizer does consume some energy. Not as much as a capacitive screen, but it's another chipset to leave powered, which would consume more energy.

One thing to note: You can always hit the power button to bring the lock screen up from standby mode.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Yes that is a nice option to have. The N900 screen is transflective, so one can see the time with the backlight off pretty much anywhere (N95 anyone?). Plus the slide to unlock is a bonus.
Exactly! It'd be cool to be able to check the time from time to time.