Notices

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I just built this from github for the tablet, and i can't find out how to log in. The 'Log into Reddit' button appears on the settings page, which you get to from the subreddit page menu, but that's hidden if you're not logged in. Is that right, or have I missed something? I had to comment out the visible setting of the subreddit page menu to be able to log in.

Should the account stuff appear on the subreddit page, in place of the 'subscribed subreddits' if you're not logged in?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
It was a bug where the pulley menu on the subreddits/navigation page wasn't visible if the user wasn't logged in. It only manifested itself after _starting_ the app without being logged in, so a quick check didn't show this bug.

Anyway, the fix is out

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Ah I thought so. Didn't seem worth a github issue.

Quickddit is looking really mature now. You've really polished it up, thanks for all the great work. It must be getting near the 1.0 mark.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Ah I thought so. Didn't seem worth a github issue.
When in doubt, always create an issue. It's the best and fastest way to get things noticed. Even if you think it's not worth reporting it usually is!

I could have missed this particular bug for months, hadn't I seen your post and a similar message on the Jolla Store, as I'm almost always signed in to reddit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
I think I would have got round to it eventually. For the general design, would you consider moving the subreddit page to the left of the main post list, instead of on the right? I feels more like a top level thing.

Also, do you have any plans to start doing an i486 build for the tablet? There are no problems at all with it that I can see.

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
I think I would have got round to it eventually. For the general design, would you consider moving the subreddit page to the left of the main post list, instead of on the right? I feels more like a top level thing.
I've thought about that and tried. But the Sailfish pagestack component is just not flexible enough to fiddle with pages lower on the stack (= left in view terms).

Also, do you have any plans to start doing an i486 build for the tablet? There are no problems at all with it that I can see.
I have. A tablet build is already in the Jolla store.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by accumulator View Post
I have. A tablet build is already in the Jolla store.
Cool! I don't see it yet, but I'll check back later. Openrepos too?

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Looks like the latest update fixed the stuck-at-0%/never-loading pics for me, sadly black box for hi-res pics is still there

Cool! I don't see it yet, but I'll check back later. Openrepos too?
Is it in harbour already? I have no tablet yet, but 0.7.2 for tablet should be in harbour. If not, I can also upload to openrepos.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Looks like the latest update fixed the stuck-at-0%/never-loading pics for me, sadly black box for hi-res pics is still there
I didn't change anything there, so must have been resolved in another way..Upcoming 0.7.3 doesn't fix the hi-res preview issue, but you can now save images to gallery, so there is somewhat of a workaround now.

The Following User Says Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by accumulator View Post
I didn't change anything there, so must have been resolved in another way..Upcoming 0.7.3 doesn't fix the hi-res preview issue, but you can now save images to gallery, so there is somewhat of a workaround now.
Yeah, meant the SFOS update, sometimes it takes a longer while and still hangs on 0% but eventually now loads. Thanks!