right i have just got off the phonne with Voda to express my concerns with this new change. the person on the phone seemed to be very well versed in the conversation but the cracks began to show once i dug a little deeper.

I asked about the scraping of the fair usage policy. the person explained that you will now receive a text to say you are reaching your limit and then charged once you go over. i explained that this was still a change to the terms and explained what i said above about always keeping checks on my data.

the person then tried to say the new policy was in fact to help the consumer as they have been getting billed extra without notification. i went on to explain how on Vodafones own forum and in the shops Vodafones employees have been telling me 500 was enough and that it was a soft limit anyway and that you will only get charged if you frequently go over by lots. this is after throttling etc.

i said that this was a very big change as this was now a set limit and i would be charged for going over no matter what. i then said that 500 was very small considering that iphone users with vodafone get 1gb. i went on to explain i have an n900 and that we render websites fully and that it will take up a lot more data than with an iphone in some cases.

The interesting part is that she did admit it was a change to the soft policy. which to me is a change simple as. due to this change i asked if it was possible to cancel my contract as i am not using the phone as it was intended and these changes make it worse.

here is were she the cracks showed as clearly even vodafone staff are not sure. she said that it may change in the next few days as they are still getting new information everyday. i again said well i would like to think about cancelling as i am not happy about the changes. she says she will need to escalate to management but she said we could speak about upping my limit to 1 gig to match the iphone contract. I am to expect a call from a manager in the next 48hours.

upping my limit may be an option we will see what the "manager" has to say

Last edited by Neegs; 2010-05-08 at 11:53.

im safe... looks like the 10% will affect me.. OHH NOO
buckingham place

10% will affect me also

What the hell is wrong in this forum...
every time it says buckingham palace when i'm pasting LOL

Your usage information
This time you...
saved £48.90 by using your inclusive minutes
sent 39 text messages
made 717.458MB of mobile browsing + data calls

This time you...
saved £110.28 by using your inclusive minutes
sent 610 text messages
made 1.060GB of mobile browsing + data calls

we might as well see terabytes this month from some users

i listen to alot o interen radio so i might try and rack loads of data lol

i ended up putting my N900 Vodafone sim into my iPhone so i make use of the app > lower data useage. Id prefer to use the N900 with the Voda sim but unless Voda sort it out i'd be very interested in terminating my contract due to this change (if one of the clauses permit me too)

there not taking this laying down just spent half hour on chat and kept going round in circles

they arnt making it easy thats for sure , at the end of the day surely under 11d they have changed a way a service works and under them conditions of our service agreement we can cancel

has anyone got access to a solicitor to look over the contract and see if we have got a leg to stand on

the chat rep told me the fair useage policy isnt in the terms and conditions and therfore they can change it within 14 days as long as they give notice

i have the chat log if people want to see it

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
i say post the log and let other analyse it, more eyes = more thoughts on the matter

Tags
vodafone con