Title says it all - where can I buy a genuine replacement battery, in the UK?
Cheers

Not sure if this was a trick question as I quite easily found dozens of suppliers on Google.. I'd probably trust Amazon and Expansys the most though:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Nok...ref=pd_cp_ce_1

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=178408

The Following User Says Thank You to Caesium For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Maybe OP meant "trusted"/"proven" sources?

Suggestions would be useful

N900 uses Nokia BL-5J. It's used by example X6, 5230 and probally most importantly 5800 so shouldn't be hard to find at all.

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Maybe OP meant "trusted"/"proven" sources?

Suggestions would be useful
Can you not see my links? Maybe they're masked out as I have so few posts, but I linked directly to Amazon and Expansys, which as I also said I'd trust the most. I've spent thousands of pounds with Expansys and not been disappointed, likewise with Amazon.

Thanks for that - I meant trusted sources, its easy to find the batteries, but in the past all the ones I bought for my N800/810 were fakes.
Cheers.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
If you feel Amazon and Expansys can't be trusted, try a shop.

The Following User Says Thank You to Duffer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by Caesium View Post
Can you not see my links? Maybe they're masked out as I have so few posts, but I linked directly to Amazon and Expansys, which as I also said I'd trust the most. I've spent thousands of pounds with Expansys and not been disappointed, likewise with Amazon.
What BigTony said....

Thanks for that - I meant trusted sources, its easy to find the batteries, but in the past all the ones I bought for my N800/810 were fakes.
Cheers.
And yes I can see your links.

guys the batteries on amazon are not sold by amazon directly meaning it is not exactly always real. I have bought BL-5Js from amazon twice. first one looked very genuine. It even had the hologram, the only difference was that it said

"cell made in korea further processed in china"

whereas the one that came with the N900 just said

"made in china"

then the second time I ordered the exact same item from amazon (I now have 3 batteries) the hologram was not a hologram but just a 2D pic and the pin material looked slightly different and harder to get in. It's very difficult to know whether they are genuine but so far they all seem to work the same.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I bought a BL-5J from Amazon, marked as genuine. It was anything but. Looked -very- convincing though. Threw it out as soon as I realised it was fake - wasn't worth the postage to try to get a refund, and I wasn't about to risk my phone.

If you buy things like batteries and memory cards from an Amazon reseller instead of directly from Amazon it's just as bad as buying from eBay.

Problem is it's very hard to tell whether a third party battery is good to use or not - many manufacturers take shortcuts when it comes to various protection circuits and whatnot. Just not worth the risk on such an expensive item as the N900.

I'd look to the price as a big clue - if it's too good to be true, it most likely is.

- Micha.