Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
After forking out 499.99 in a flagship store for this device i have now learnt my lesson.

NEVER buy a nokia device no matter how good it is until its been on the market for 8 months and has a mature firmware that works..

Nokia still have the best hardware, but when they finally get the software wortking for it everything else has caught up.

Anyone agree or have i had too much sun/beer today?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to telnet For This Useful Post:
you haven't said anything actually...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
you haven't said anything actually...
Apart from dont buy a device until the software has matured?

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
NEVER buy a <insert manufacturer here> device no matter how good it is until its been on the market for <random number> months and has a mature firmware that works..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
I've got to admit that I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about... I've got my N900 since february and haven't got any problem with my device. No major glitches that effect me...

Glasswalker

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Glasswalker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
I've got to admit that I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about... I've got my N900 since february and haven't got any problem with my device. No major glitches that effect me...

Glasswalker
same thing here. definitly the best device (phone and computer) I've ever owned.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LippiVan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gri View Post
NEVER buy a <insert manufacturer here> device no matter how good it is until its been on the market for <random number> months and has a mature firmware that works..
this is the point. device either has bugs when released or lacks features (khrm iPhone OS 1)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Early adopters should always know the risks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post

Glasswalker
I thought the very same thing... I've actually had since launch, around end of december. This device is by far the best portable device available to the public, make it be a handheld gaming console, a smartphone, another tablet, none can compare to the power of the N900 in the palm of your hand.

Now name me one single device, that has NO glitch and lacks NO features at all... it doesn't exist. I don't ask for perfection since it doesn't exist, but you can still get the best the world has to offer :P

N900 4 life! (well... until the N920 comes out, lol)

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
There should be a little "Things you should know about the N900" slip you could read before buying the phone.

It would begin with:
"Struggling between getting the iPhone or the N900? If you answered 'yes', then this phone is not for you." ...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post: