Notices

I have this bug - when opening songs from the file manager - player opens and immediately closes, at the second attempt open file from manager - OMP works fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSide25 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DarkSide25 View Post
I have this bug - when opening songs from the file manager - player opens and immediately closes, at the second attempt open file from manager - OMP works fine.
This actually happens when launching videos from the OMP thumbnail screen too. The video starts, plays the first few frames then skips to the last few frames and closes. Works fine after the second attempt. Works without a hitch most times though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I have been running OMP in a terminal since I mentioned the issue again (post 1327).
This "Now Playing disappearing" happened again yesterday but fortunately while the screen was on and I was looking at it.

Nothing comes up in the terminal so there no debug information in text form.
However it happened when:-

*Receiving a text message with the screen unlocked and on after just sending a text. Only Terminal / OMP where running, display at the task switcher.

*I had just put the device down on a flat surface, it was starting to rotate to portrait from the text I just did in landscape.

*hildon-desktop restarted.

After the heavy CPU load of the hildon stuff restarting then the Now Playing menu jumped back to Artists.

I know there's a lot of irrelevant information here. I am trying to be as verbose as possible. It has never happened on a text before normally it's calls.

I have tested restarting h-h/h-d/h-s-m while OMP is open and cannot reproduce.

Hope this helps.
Restarting hildon-desktop when Now Playing is a child of the music window or one of its children did the trick for me, with 100% reproducibility. It should be fixed now.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Been happening on my N900 since hell knows when.
It's not a bug in OMP I'm afraid.
It happens in KMPlayer also depending which player you have selected in settings.

If OMP uses that same player then that's your answer.

Can't seem to replicate it at the moment, but it has happened in KMPlayer with videos that are already almost full screen. Tap the "+" and the video switches hues.
The inverted colors are indeed not a bug in OMP. It happens if the window used to display the video is bigger than the screen, but only for some sizes of it -- resizing the window by a few pixels often returns the colors to normal. I tried to figure out when exactly it happens, but failed to find a pattern so far.

Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Today all Thumbnails disappeared in Albums view. The thumbnail is visable in Now Playing.
I did a reboot to see if that helped, it did not.
I have done a Rebuild Database in Tracker-cfg and still no Thumbnails in Albums view.

Anything to do about that?
Have you tried with the stock player? I had a problem with video thumbnails that were not refreshed after playing a video, but the stock player managed to fix it with its magic. Too bad I couldn't listen to what it says to Tracker on D-Bus at that time, as it might be the answer to what needs to be done in such situation.

Originally Posted by DarkSide25 View Post
That's pretty strange If it happens in exactly 100% of the cases. What if you start OMP before selecting a file?

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
This actually happens when launching videos from the OMP thumbnail screen too. The video starts, plays the first few frames then skips to the last few frames and closes. Works fine after the second attempt. Works without a hitch most times though.
I think those are completely different issues. DarkSide25 might be getting a segfault, perhaps because MAFW needs more time to warm up. The problem you described sounds like a bookmark placed near the end of a video. Now the question is whether OMP saved the playback position when it shouldn't, or maybe you've closed the video earlier manually when it was just about to end?

I have uploaded an update.
  • Added D-Bus calls to play a playlist.
  • UPnP and video browser respect the "play only search results" option.
  • Different grid sizes for landscape and portrait.
  • Changed -00:01 to --:-- in track length labels.
  • A great amount of various, mostly UI-related, cleanups.
  • Allow only one instance of the application (multiple windows can still be opened with --allow-multiple-instances).
  • Fixed certain windows being closed whenever hildon-desktop is restarted.
  • New translations: Bulgarian by B.U.S.T.T.E.R., Slovak by Pali (based on slovak-l10n project by rmoravcik).
  • Updated translations: Russian (thanks to DarkSide25), French (thanks to Pinky007) and more.

Thanks to Pali for the patch which prevents opening multiple instances of OMP -- e.g. if it's already running and you launch it again from a terminal, the old window will be activated.

To play a playlist from a shell script you can use:
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.play_saved_playlist string:"playlist name"
or:
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.play_automatic_playlist string:"playlist name"
In the latter case use one of the following names: recently-added, recently-played, most-played, never-played.

You can also add boolean:true after string:"playlist name" to turn shuffle mode on.

Thumb-lovers can get their version here.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
mega.co.nz mirror for latest thumb version. download link HERE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
@Gidzzz
That did it!
I started Mediaplayer and a few minutes later all the thumbnails was loaded in mediaplayer and when I opened OMP, the thumbnails are back.

Last edited by toxaris; 2013-03-25 at 21:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
where is the update? (not the thumb one)

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
where is the update? (not the thumb one)
The update is online now. Great work, gidzzz!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Found a bug. Was present in previous versions and also in the latest version (thumb one, don't know about non-thumb version)

1. Open Openmediaplayer.
2. Start a song.
3. Let the song playing and then go back to main screen and open Videos.
4. Select a video and see OMP to go crazy.

Sometimes it doesn't do anything when you select video and just stays there and sometimes it just goes crazy and keeps opening video windows and closing and does this for sometime untill you close it OMP or it stops itself.

But keep the song playing. Anyone else experiencing this bug ? its still available in latest version.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Thank you for this great app gidzz,
enjoying it every day on my n900

I'd love to have 3 more features, maybe for xmas :-D
skipping tracks via volume buttons (like in SomePlayer)
view Folders (not only all album, genres, interpret)
search within the playlist while playing for songs in the playlist (SomePlayer)

maybe you or some others would enjoy these features too

would be great to have that!

Thank you,
Ray

Last edited by Ray-Ven; 2013-03-25 at 17:55.

Hi!
latest build seems to have some issue concerning video searching and sorting. Often you can find more occurences of the same video.

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse