"We’re seeing a proliferation of video calling shared between all kinds of connected devices. It’s on computers, TVs, and it is starting to come to mobile devices too, such as Skype video calling (over 3G) on the Nokia N900."
http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/...illed-it/all/1

Last edited by thommy; 2010-07-14 at 00:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thommy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
so?....
Why not just tell something about it....
posting only a link... is kinda not cool

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
so?....
Why not just tell something about it....
posting only a link... is kinda not cool
sorry, i was including the quote in an edit as you posted

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
It is nice to hear the N900 get an honorable mention.

yeah, it''s a great little feature. The first time I made a 2-way video call on my N900 was a very 'Dick Tracy' moment.

In the car (parked!), and on a Google Video Call to someone at a computer, it was one of the high points of owning the N900 so far.

The future is now!

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
There is something scary in this situation.

Lets say there is Apple behind this. Making noise around only solution around 3th party app that relied on Skype popularity and infrastructure. Very enough to make this popular and become the only solution for IPlatform. Then popularity will rise people start creating alter accounts and all the competitors with "Free Skype calls" mainly Nokia will lost the last argument why do not buy IPhone instead...

That the worst case scenario but... possible especially if Skype saying there is nothing happened like ban. They just get rid of it after screw up few things

Last edited by devu; 2010-07-19 at 19:40.

Originally Posted by edanto View Post
yeah, it''s a great little feature. The first time I made a 2-way video call on my N900 was a very 'Dick Tracy' moment.

In the car (parked!), and on a Google Video Call to someone at a computer, it was one of the high points of owning the N900 so far.

The future is now!
It must have been very bright outside at the time, N900 front camera needs an insane amount of light to be even useful

The Following User Says Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
i find that if i setup like this

light source--->n900--->me

it works pretty well even with just a lamp like in a hotel room or whatever(ie i put the n900 on kickstand at base of lamp or some other way where the n900 is between me and light source)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by devu View Post
There is something scary in this situation.

Lets say there is Apple behind this....
Erm. Huh!?

I doubt Apple has anything to do with this. Fring didn't properly secure the rights to use Skype's network. From what's been rumored so far, Skype was willing to work out something - for a fee of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
There is always a royalty and I am not sure how much of that was worked out between Skype and Fring but looks like it wasnt much and/or something went horribly wrong otherwise Skype would take so long to realize that? In a way Fring helped Skype grow in popularity over the years. Sooner or later Skpye is gona axe Nimbuzz in the same way too. I hate Skype anyways for their SkypeOut rates which includes a hedious connection fee for every call. Skype to Skype rocks!