I tried searching for this and did not come across an answer (at least one I understood).

I have updated my N810 to diablo (OS version: 4.2008.30-2) and tried to install xmame from maemo.org (OS 2008 version). I get an "incompatible application package" error and was wondering if anyone knows if this can be fixed. Thought about trying Red Pill mode but do not know enough about it.

Thanks

same problem. can anyone help?
it's as if there is nothing on this to'ic anywhere.

I have the same problem, I guess the project is closed.
Should we post this thread to the gaming section?

bump, need Mappy!

I found it in the app manager not sure what repository it's from. I've installed Xmame and it seems to work. I have not tested it with many roms tried a couple, and it looks bad, slow, the sound is bad, and there are errors in the game.

games I tried were raiden and aerofighters

I tried aribusters but it would not load at all.

BTW these games work fine on my regular mame emulator on my desktop.

yeah me too, I am guessin that xmame doesnt work with 0s2008.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
xmame will run on diablo if you grab the copy from extras-devel, after you change the distribution setting to chinook.

The Following User Says Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slvr32 View Post
xmame will run on diablo if you grab the copy from extras-devel, after you change the distribution setting to chinook.
many thanks I appreciate that. I got it to work. but i dont know how to start playing games on xmame. I have a gameboy rom and nes rom I was trying to play but i dont know how to get that to work on the xmame. i am guessing i need to use xterminal. do you know how i can start playing any rom on xmame.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by osmiley99 View Post
many thanks I appreciate that. I got it to work. but i dont know how to start playing games on xmame. I have a gameboy rom and nes rom I was trying to play but i dont know how to get that to work on the xmame. i am guessing i need to use xterminal. do you know how i can start playing any rom on xmame.
A google search for 'mame roms' or something similar should get you started. Keep in mind that MAME is Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, IIRC... so it's really meant to run games of the brick-and-mortar arcade era, games you actually put a quarter into to play, e.g. Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, Donkey Kong, etc...

Also, in case you don't know about 'xmaeme' (also in extras-devel in the same place), it's a nice graphical front-end to xmame.

Last edited by slvr32; 2010-06-22 at 17:37.