First post here and i'm starting a rant.
I am heartbroken, angry, and want to kill someone. I have been obsessing about this phone for months, thinking about it at nights, looking for way to get it. I saw the amazon pre-order and jumped in, got it shipped to my uncles address in cali, blah blah. Then i find out that there are no carriers that can offer 3g in canada. If nokia wants NA market penetration then why the f*ck are they not offering this phone with a proper quad band. I am frustrated, and since i know that nokia developers read these forums i just wanted to tell them off.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
http://sadviolin.com

(sorry, http://sadviolin.ca doesn't work....)

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
A search of these forums would have reassured you that you just have to be patient. There are a few new 3G carriers coming that should fit the N900. The first one to launch will probably be Wind, hopefully before Christmas. DAVE is coming sometime soon, and if you live in Quebec, it will be Videotron.

Until then, get a month-to-month thing with Fido, and suffer with EDGE data speeds.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by makka View Post
I am heartbroken, angry, and want to kill someone. I have been obsessing about this phone for months, thinking about it at nights, looking for way to get it. I saw the amazon pre-order and jumped in, got it shipped to my uncles address in cali, blah blah. Then i find out that there are no carriers that can offer 3g in canada. If nokia wants NA market penetration then why the f*ck are they not offering this phone with a proper quad band. I am frustrated, and since i know that nokia developers read these forums i just wanted to tell them off.
don't blame the device for your operator's lack of resources.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UCOMM For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
Originally Posted by makka View Post
Dude, I feel you. I'm in Japan and I got nothing coming as far as N900 here.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UCOMM For This Useful Post:
I deserve the trombone and the violin. I'm just confused about why nokia won't reach to our market. I have read the other forums and i know about the other operators. however, they won't be coming to vancouver until mid 2010. I'd rather just wait since a new model might as well be announced by then.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wind should go live in fall 2009, and they say "early" 2010 (first quarter) for Western Canada. Where'd you hear "mid 2010"?

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
Well I am from Quebec and the device just damn please me as it is. See I live on three continents (Oceania, Europe and North America) and if I would buy a device with NA frequency I would not be able to use 3G 2/3 of the time. I know I do not represent the typical user but still.

We live on a planet with other people and I am tired of being the only one with 850 MHz 3G (with Roger) and 110 Volt and ... /rant