Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
So hey guys ,

Unfortunatly i haven't had the chance tu strudy computer science/IT at school / university , but now i would really try to get involved in this whole buisness i've got a basic understanding about all this i just need some tutorials, basic infos, reading materials , software, anything that wozuld be possible to help me get started in computer science. i would like to start building some apps on my own but i lack the knowledge, i've got time on my hands and the will to use it all to study, all i need are some materials & maybe a little help by you guys.

i hope you guys will be supportive

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by adio_89; 2012-04-16 at 08:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to adio_89 For This Useful Post:
Check out the Hello world qt example to get started i guess

Thanks for the tip, but the main problem here remains that i need to start at C++ first... so any hints for that? :S

Read a book

got any specific titles for me? that i should read a book i've already known, i'm not stupid =P i actually asked for books i could read and where to get them (don't just say "amazon" now...)

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ maemo
"Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days"
great book

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Why do you want to start with C++? Its not generally considered the best language for beginners.

If you want to get started with computer science you are in luck. Udacity are re-running their CS101 course starting this week, along with a number of other more advanced courses, and Coursera are doing a CS101 course starting next week and they are free. I'm planning to check them both out myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
i was just thinking C++ , becuase after checking out the Qt tutorials mentioned above they said "we assume you know C++" so i thought to myself: "that would be a good way to start" ^^ but i'll check out those books & those websites.

Edit:

The thing about those online universitys is that this seems to be US time & i'm german so i might not be able to follow every lesson... idf i could reread them and try to learn at my own speed, that would be better, you know ?

Last edited by adio_89; 2012-04-16 at 09:18.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ maemo
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
This is my favourite C++ book:
http://www.amazon.de/Die-C--Programm...4567558&sr=8-8
is it available in english?

The Following User Says Thank You to ravent-n900 For This Useful Post: