Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Let me guess
juice is still on 32bit OS and you on a 64bit?

You have latest libusb but in 64bit whereas flasher is a 32bit application and needs 32bit libs?
Doesnt they coexist in Linux? Or are bundled in 64bit packages?
(bare with me, did not yet run into 32/64 thing on Linux )
Yes, I'm on 64-bit Linux. Can i install the 32bit libusb on 64bit Linux? If not, can i install 32bit Linux on 64bit system?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Install ia32-libs package and try?

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Let me guess
juice is still on 32bit OS and you on a 64bit?
Of course I am[1]. And whad do you mean "still", AFAIK 64bits is somewhat overrated

You have latest libusb but in 64bit whereas flasher is a 32bit application and needs 32bit libs?
Doesnt they coexist in Linux? Or are bundled in 64bit packages?
(bare with me, did not yet run into 32/64 thing on Linux )
Most of the time 32bit binaries run just fine in 64bit device, and even vice versa. Depends on the set of libraries you have loaded up; However if you have a 32bit binary that demands a 32bit library that is not installed on your 64bit box then you are out-of-luck there

[1] Well yes, of my home machines last time I counted there are 7 always-on-server-type-gizmos of which just one is running 64bit Debian, others are 32bitters. Of the 3 or so laptops usually in use around the house all run 32bit Ubuntu desktops...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
So you sit it out and wait for 128b?
(but in general I agree, sideways is just movement ...)

He has libusb installed but only 64bit version (multi-arch: same). And apt-get claimed there is already newest version.
So my guess was there is no chance for a library to exist in 32bit AND 64bit on a system?

If so simplest solution would be to take vmware or virtualbox and install a 32bit system.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Finland
So you sit it out and wait for 128b?
(but in general I agree, sideways is just movement ...)

He has libusb installed but only 64bit version (multi-arch: same). And apt-get claimed there is already newest version.
So my guess was there is no chance for a library to exist in 32bit AND 64bit on a system?

If so simplest solution would be to take vmware or virtualbox and install a 32bit system.
And how exactly, am I supposed to use vmware or virtualbox for that purpose?

I have another Linux Mint distro on this PC, that isn't important. I could format that partition and install a 32bit Linux on it but is there some preparations i should make with those programs?

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by jipsukka View Post
Yes, I'm on 64-bit Linux. Can i install the 32bit libusb on 64bit Linux? If not, can i install 32bit Linux on 64bit system?
Hi.

Well, I don't think the problem is with 32/64-bit libraries. I just reinstalled the debian fllasher package in my system and issued a 'sudo flasher -i' and it worked correctly. And I can also recall flashing from time to time in my 64-bit system, and the problems were with the devices, not the software.

What I can also say is that I have two versions of the debian flasher package: one for i386 flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb and the other for amd64 flasher_3.12.1_amd64.deb

Did you check the files in /tmp? Are they located in the device and not in your computer as peter said?

Regards.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Oh

Right. This is Harmattan with newer flasher.
That one is available as 64bit version ( mixed with Fremantle only 32bit, sorry).

So check on archive.org to get it (links here in forum) or mail me, got it on device. In case this is the prob.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature