Active Topics

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I found apps for meego, app testing not able to install

After the PR1.2 update fenix (Mail) does not launch AT ALL.
Backup says it cannot backup mail databases. I suspect the update corrupted them.
Also cannot access none of the email accounts, not the Mail application settings. This means I can't even delete the accounts.

Even tried with fresh flash, since images just hit NaviFirm.

Also noticing sluggishness.

UPDATE: Filed bug https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1022

Last edited by njsf; 2012-02-28 at 16:53.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by njsf View Post

Also noticing sluggishness.
This is normal after any update and was the same for the N900. It takes a while for the indexing to complete and so the device can be quite sluggish for a couple of hours post the update.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Just had the oddest problem. Every touch to the screen would display two bright blue dots (about 5mm in size). They would move apart in relation to my input. All icons/content became irresponsive.

A restart seems to have fixed it.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
This is normal after any update and was the same for the N900. It takes a while for the indexing to complete and so the device can be quite sluggish for a couple of hours post the update.
Is it normal 24 hours after? i wouldnt think so.

Looking at the posts in this thread so far - i wonder how many will be resolved with a soft reset. I would recommend people to abandon their backups. I always found that a backup would bring with it the issues i had before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Just had the oddest problem. Every touch to the screen would display two bright blue dots (about 5mm in size). They would move apart in relation to my input. All icons/content became irresponsive.

A restart seems to have fixed it.
I think the blue dots are for debugging touch screen input. Holding the CTRL key on the N950 makes them appear when the pressing the screen.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ 127.0.0.1
Facebook app (1.2.40+0m7) stopped working. I can open it and choose "update", but it won't update anything. I tried deleting the account and reinstalling and rebooting, but this doesn't seem to work. Newsfeed doesn't work either for FB, RSS feed, no problem. Also, Facebook status is "online" and I can see other FB users who are online.

I noticed I can remove the Facebook app, but how do I reinstall after that? Is the app automatically offered after the app is uninstalled?

Edit: Seems I'm not the only one with Facebook problems...

[PR 1.2] Social Network notifications not working

Edit 2: Ok, I made a backup, copied it to my PC's hdd, cleared the device (Settings > Reset > Clear device), restored the backup (and other things like ringtones, pics, ...) and the FB app is working.

*wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii*

I my N9 16GB Black.
(059J201 RM-696 NDT BENELUX BLACK 16GB)

Last edited by Yeshua; 2012-03-01 at 18:51.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
swipe manager no work well....have delay when swiping
how to restore to default? now i cant close app when swipe down..
all is confused

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
A new problem:
Video editing is present (in a very disappointing fashion), but I cannot add a new sound file to my video. It keeps the original sound, no matter what I try. Anyone had success here?

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
did the update yesterday and it was very laggy right after. it kept getting better but it is still very sluggish - no comparison to 1.1...sometimes people call me and the phone doesnt ring.
i didnt install n9 tweak, home screen background settings or anything else which is fiddeling with the system...
something went terribly wrong with this update. im not sure how nokia is going to solve this...
what to do now? the lagginess is so annoying...