Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Germany
Maybe it's a thread for nothing but after all the negative post about the N810 I must say: I love it!

I bought my new (preinstalled wayfinder maps are 2008.1) N810 last week to birthday for around US$250. I had a Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 (great little gadget but without WLAN or Bluetooth...), the Nokia 770 IT of my wife (nice but I was missing a real keyboard) and an Asus EeePC 701 4G (I could do anything I needed but the Eee was to big as "pocket device") before.

Well, now I have the N810 and I'm very happy with it.

I love the keyboard an can write fast without problems. I can connect to WLAN at home without problems too. Web browsing with flash is working out of the box. Built in Chat works great with ICQ und Yahoo. XChat on the N810 is amazing.
I can connect to my Touch Diamond Windows Mobile 6.1 Phone with Bluetooth PAN and have internet connection without needing xterm.
And I can use my shared folders on my WinXP PC at home.
I have found working AbiWord and Gnumeric - great!
Maemo Mapper is good and fast after I have changed from sqlite to old database type (feels 10 times faster) with cached whole Germany VE Hybrid map. And I get a very stable GPS fix after some seconds.
I have my own little IMAP mail server at home with server side mail filtering and sorting. So I have one "flat" account without subfolders I'm using with N810 built in mail client for new mail notification and the "real" account with pre-sorting and subfolders with Claw-Mail. Works great without problems.
All my movies and music are stored on the flash card and with MediaBox I have a mobile multimedia player.
And last but not least I have some nice games on the device (I love JA2!).

Well, I can do all the things I want to do and I have bought the N810 for it.

Regards,
Frank

PS: I must admit that this comminity makes many things much easier with the IT.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snake For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
it's totally useful.