Sorry, no longer available.

Up for sale is a Finnish 64GB Nokia N9 that I used for about a year after purchasing new (Amazon, $515). I mainly used it with a BT headset for calls and as a WiFi Hotspot at work.

I replaced it with a Lumia 900 and for the past month have just used it as an alarm clock to make sure that WP was not as buggy as my prior alarm clock phones (Android Sensation and Amaze which consistently crashed and did not go off in the a.m.)

If you're reading this you know that this is a competent phone, speaker phone is a little disappointing, but the WiFi Hotspot, call quality, bluetooth, Swype Interface, standby screen are all TOP NOTCH. 2G/3G reception on T-Mobile USA are outstanding (better than the Lumia 900, strangely).

This phone is VERY particular about chargers and cables. I think it's a Nokia thing since my N900 was also fussy about taking a charge; the N9 won't charge off my wife's Lumia 710 charger.

The phone has spent most of its life in the factory case with an XTREME GUARD skin, and still has a couple of dings, one on the bottom and one missing piece of plastic near the top by the headphone jack (see pictures). I didn't notice them until going to sell it.

There are some angel-hair scratches on the screen which are not visible in the photos and with the XTREME GUARD are invisible.

Included is:

- postage to the US*;

- 64GB N9, Black, in good physical condition (there are a few light scratches on the screen which are invisible unless you pull the skin off the phone);

- original box, manuals, charger and charging cable.

- I also have a purple TPU case and a car holder/charging station that are yours if you want them;

If I can find them, the USB door cover (where did I put it!??) and a white TPU case.

Inbox, email or post response below.

334 Feedback on ebay (don_craig)

$215....make it $200shipped .

* (if you want it shipped abroad you pay shipping/insurance and send the money through a money order or something - I don't want to deal with a PayPal chargeback from Somalia or Russia, too many horror stories)

Child and Lego not included.
Attached Images

Last edited by N9WB; 2015-04-15 at 10:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9WB For This Useful Post:
What's happening with this? It's a fantastically good price, am I missing some issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to phr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
dont want to deal with Russia.. sadly

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Still available?

The Following User Says Thank You to rob5150 For This Useful Post:
Yes, still avail. Dropped from $225 to $215.

There are two people who have asked but rob5150 you asked first. The other PM'd me ~2 hours 20 minutes later.

I have both a personal and a premier PayPal acct. (depending on whether you pay from bank or CC). Also accept USPS Money Orders.

No Western Union, forget it.

Cash in person in NY also OK.

Last edited by N9WB; 2013-04-07 at 19:18.

I´m from Mexico, am i eligible for your N9? the last year (october) i bought a SIII from XDA, you can see the feedback from the seller @ xda, and a few weeks ago i bought a HTC 8X @ swappa, and all was ok, i have the same user name in both sites and i have a paypal account.

The Following User Says Thank You to pacherecords For This Useful Post:
¡Viva México!

Basta que llegue la plata y que no hayan problemas.

Nunca he mandado nada en México, así no sé si se pierden objetos, pero si quieres pagar el seguro del correo y lo que me cobran para mandar el paquete, sería posible.

In short, Mexico OK, you pay for insurance and shipping. I don't care where it goes as long as I get paid and there are no games about chargebacks, etc. I will video the box being sealed and shipped so I have proof of shipment. Cheers : D

I'm still confused, why was this phone priced so low and not sell instantly? Is the problem that something is wrong with the charging circuit? I wasn't sure whether to interpret that description as saying all N9's are fussy about charging, and I don't know what kind of charger the Lumia 700 uses.

I'm asking because I have some interest in a 64gb N9 and want to know what stuff to look out for that I don't know about.

I guess I'm interested in this one, though others are ahead of me so it's presumably spoken for. I just bought a new 16GB unit for about $250 and am somewhat regretting that (I opened another thread about it).

phr,

This phone has been used for almost a year and it shows in the picture.

For $250 you bought a brand new phone.
For $215 you get a used phone here.

I paid around 500 for this brand new. I was able to use it as a WiFi hotspot for months - to me that made it worth the price of admission.

Prior to this phone I owned an N900 and it was very nutty about charging. Then I got an N9 and found the same thing: it can be particular about phone/cable/charger combinations. I bought 5 car chargers until I found one that worked properly with this phone. I also purchased about about 8 different micro-USB cables, but ultimately, the only reliable cables were the OEM Nokia one that came in the box and a random "Made in China" one. The N9 charges with that cable and that charger 100%, every time, no fuss, perfect fit.

The only other combo that works properly are NewTrent chargers (I own 3 of them) but they MUST use their own OEM cables to charge properly. I enjoy their battery backups and recommend them without reservation.

I asked a question about charging the N9 maybe a month ago and I think the response I got that made sense was that Nokia has a higher standard for charging.

I now own a Canadian Rogers Lumia 900. It hasn't been so picky about chargers, nor has my wife's Lumia 710.

The Lumia 900:

- is always smooth and works quickly,
- has a cruddy WindowsPhone app store,
- has rarely crashed,
- the alarm clock has been reliable,
- has a bad radio compared to the N9 (on T-Mobile I often am stuck on edge where the N9 got 3G)
- was a pain to get a firmware that worked with both MMS and WiFi hotspot (had to go TelCel's FW)
- has a much bigger screen.

I'm trying to give full disclosure b/c I don't want someone to buy this phone and then say, "Oh, I thought it was a brand new phone".

I'm turning 40 this week, my eyes in the past year have gotten steadily and noticeably... older: small screens have become a struggle. Picking up my wife's Lumia 710 has become a chore. My childhood fascination with books and computers, and writing textbooks may have played a role.

Even though I had said for years I'd go iPhone if T-Mo sold them (I've been with T-Mobile for over a decade, since the VoiceStream days), well, the time has come, and now I put the iPhone 5 in my hands and the screen seems too small for my eyes.

So what's it worth? I figure it was worth at least a dollar a day, that's how I came to the price. Is it worth more? Less? I don't know. I got a used Lumia 900 for $220. I figure that it makes one phone for the other pretty much a clean swap for me price wise (if not OS-wise).

$250 seems a hair high for a 16GB, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. $250 could be a night on the town with a date. Heck, I know people that have spent more on concert tickets. To me it's nuts, to them it's worth spending $800/ticket to see Madonna. What do I know? If you got your money's worth out of the N9 as a GPS, a music player a solid cellphone and/or a WiFi hotspot then isn't that good?

Last, I've got three little kids and two jobs. I'm thankful for all that I have but I have limited time and space. I'd like to keep only what I'll use, and while I really like the N9, it's time to move on.

Last edited by N9WB; 2013-04-08 at 06:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N9WB For This Useful Post:
Thanks, N9WB. Sounds like you did good with the phone, and of course people have all kinds of reasons for setting whatever asking price they choose, so no problem. What puzzled me more was why there were no takers immediately, since other 64GB N9's routinely trade in the $300-350 range on this board. I'm still a little puzzled by that, but more back and forth probably won't help, and I do notice that after I bumped the thread there were immediately several inquiries. So maybe your original post just didn't get noticed by enough people when it first went up.

You're probably right about the screen size. I find the N900 screen way too small and have figured on eventually getting a 5" or larger phone. I ordered my N9 sort of on impulse, without realizing prices had gotten so low, when Newegg suddenly offered them on sale. I figured they were discontinued about a year ago, so now old stock was being blown out that had previously been set aside for warranty replacements, or something like that.

I still haven't opened my N9 but am leaning towards doing so. I'm not exactly flush with cash (tax time etc.) but I'm not as strapped right now as I've sometimes been, so if the N9 turns out to have been an unwise purchase I'll be ok.

Last edited by phr; 2013-04-08 at 00:45.

Tags
black, for sale, n9 64gb, nokia n9, selling n9