Closed Thread
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Android Froyo (Nitdroid 0.0.4) rootfs

MD5: 419006e4472fe35b093adbe371836f9d
http://e-yes.nitdroid.com/nitdroid-0.0.4-froyo.tar.bz2

Don't forget you need zImage-0.0.4 to use it (see my prev. posts).

Let's bury eclair's dead body!

P. S. users joined irc channel #nitdroid-help notified before t.m.o users

Last edited by e-yes; 2010-06-25 at 01:22.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
e-yes & DJ_Steve:
I have just purchased a sony ericsson XPERIA X10 (Android 1.6).
Now - FOR THE CAUSE! What do I need to do to get the MarketPlace files you need?
I don't want the phone (N900 love!), but paid alot - so lets use it! (Got it at a bargain price, too )

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
e-yes & DJ_Steve:
Now - FOR THE CAUSE! What do I need to do to get the MarketPlace files you need?
I don't want the phone (N900 love!), but paid alot - so lets use it! (Got it at a bargain price, too )
I dont think an X10 is any use, correct me if im wrong. AFAIK you need special hardware to root it, and you need that to get the (un)holy files.

Would be easier to use something thats easy to root (gain super user access), like Hero (with enclair) or other popular handsets.

EDIT: afaik if you can do it with X10's files, you dont need the handset, only the firmware image.

Is internal storage mounting functional in this version?

Thanks.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Is internal storage mounting functional in this version?

Thanks.
No internal storage yet, battery status indication too (however, you can always check it in settins->about->status).
There is no any icons in status bar at all. Some troubles with resources.

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
e-yes & DJ_Steve:
ls -l /system/app > installed_apps_list
and up result file

However, until main bugs will not be fixed and basic "mission-critical" (I really want charging! ) targets will not achieved, I don't wanna carry out any experiments w/gapps. Not priority task.
I hate to reboot from snazzy froyo to... hm... I like maemo, but love froyo

Last edited by e-yes; 2010-06-25 at 02:54.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
wifi doesn't seems to work in froyo with me

same case here, scans the wifi, brings my connection but unable to obtained ip address
another thing i have noted is it shows signal bars in my wifi network, but as soon as i select it to connect. all the signal bars are gone.
just to make sure that my wifi signals are fine, i booted android 2.1 and its connected perfectly. so i guess there is something wrong in wifi threshold values in android 2.2

Last edited by new_bee; 2010-06-25 at 06:02.

Hey Guys, Ive got a rooted 2.1 Motorola Milestone besides my n900 so if I can help in any way please let me know

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by thundead View Post
Hey Guys, Ive got a rooted 2.1 Motorola Milestone besides my n900 so if I can help in any way please let me know
Originally Posted by e-yes View Post
and up result file
Basically open up your terminal and write this (remember linux terminal is key sensitive):

Code:

Now youve got a file called installed_apps_list in the directory you ran the command in. Copy this file to your computer and send it to e-yes and DJ_steve and let them have it for safe keepings till they have time to work on the issue

Last edited by Siggen; 2010-06-25 at 07:56. Reason: wrong syntax

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
need output of getprop and a logcat output of downloading an app from the market and installing it

Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
I dont think an X10 is any use, correct me if im wrong. AFAIK you need special hardware to root it, and you need that to get the (un)holy files.

Would be easier to use something thats easy to root (gain super user access), like Hero (with enclair) or other popular handsets.

EDIT: afaik if you can do it with X10's files, you dont need the handset, only the firmware image.
as far as i know the commands i need details of dont require root and neither does pulling files from the device over adb. j

edit2: sorry for slow speeds anyone is experianceing on the 0.0.4 rootfs, think my servers having issues (its on 100mb connection but i cant pull more than 60kb/s download off it. already having it looked into

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-06-25 at 08:27.

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid