Have been looking for a new phone to replace my n900 (actually have a post somewhere on here asking for a few ideas), unfortunatley nothing good has come out of MWC. I am looking for a phone identical to the N900 i.e hardware keyboard and killer specs.

Now I read an article on the register the other day and the just of it said we probably wont see a phone like the n900 for reasons like cost of hardware keyborad and the fact that some companies release garbage and then assume it must be the keyboard and not lack of support etc that kills the phone.

The second part we can't really do much about but I wondered, if it's so expensive to make a hardwar keyboard why not make a phone that has another touchscreen as the hardware input? That way it could be a keyboard, joybad etc. The N900 could be considered a bit of a bulky phone now days but could you imagin a phone say the Motorola razer, one as a screen and the other tucked away as an input device? Two batteries, 4 processors running at what liek 2.4ghz? It would still be as think as the N900...

Anyone know if this has been done? Any one else think it's a good idea? I think the mobile market really needs a good shake up! I can't be dealing with a touchscreen only phone. Why loose all my screen realistate for controls?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou

Sony Tablet P: The reviews are bad.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
samsung captivate glide, but its android phone, goodluck

Thanks peeps, sony tablet is a tablet and looks like something out of the nineties and the glide is not available in the UK