I have a weird bug with the desktop customization...

When I go into customizing I can make all the changes but then when I hit done the button tears a little and stays blue, the bar does not hide and when I click the top of the screen I get the status bar menu. Only way to get rid is to randomly tap around until it goes away, not established a pattern yet.

Going to remove all Widgets and restart, see what happens...

Where has conversations gone? Thats pretty rubbish.

I'm UK, Vodafone but generic firmware (1.1.1) so I got the update OTA this afternoon.

Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
If i was to use maemo flasher whats the warrenty like on this thing, will i loose it?
No. it's Nokias own tool to flash your device so no reason to worry there.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
ok my two penneth worth after a few hours of having the update......media player widget still broken and has to be removed and re-applied to get to work.....thought this was a bug fix? & having loaded back up my apps the phone is almost the same as before this update....and still missing voice navigation and no flash upgrade....and we should be happy with this update.????....$%$% me...i was told by nokia in febuary that flash 10, voice sat nav and a fully working pc suite was coming very soon as a big download.????? (more nokia B.S) thought this was supposed to be a flasgship phone with all the experience of a pc in your pocket? ...any how most flash sites now require flash 10.1 .....the whole internet experience is a joke now as most sites dont work correctly or not at all.
reports seem to suggest flash 10.1 is not coming to the n900? can they really s**t in our faces like this? can nokia do that? I bought this phone to make full use of the full internet experience that it was said to deliver....how can that be so if nokia fail to deliver us flash 10.1?
well said! and aparantly now no upgrade to meego for n900, nokia are starting to p*ss me off

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Is it just me, or the search functionality from the App Manager is really removed?

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Is it just me, or the search functionality from the App Manager is really removed?
Just type it

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by ashyk36 View Post
yesss same as me.ill let u no if i find a solution
reinstall the old firware via NSU....then the ota will work.,

Some guidance very much appreciated...

I'm in the uk. I checked the OTA update for PR1.2 and it pops up in menu list. Great, i thought, but when i try to do the OTA update it tells me i need to update via PC and Nokia Updater. I thought ok, no problem, but when i connect to PC and try NSU, the PC tells me i have the latest firmware update... I clearly don't.

I'm rapidly losing confidence in Nokia. Why is everything so long winded!

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
I thought I read somewhere you are now able to enter a letter on the keyboard and it will search for apps with that letter

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by UKAndy View Post
Some guidance very much appreciated...

I'm in the uk. I checked the OTA update for PR1.2 and it pops up in menu list. Great, i thought, but when i try to do the OTA update it tells me i need to update via PC and Nokia Updater. I thought ok, no problem, but when i connect to PC and try NSU, the PC tells me i have the latest firmware update... I clearly don't.

I'm rapidly losing confidence in Nokia. Why is everything so long winded!

Any ideas?

Many thanks
like i have already said.......reinstall the firmware that NSU says you have.....then the OTA will work.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ WA, USA
there's a new version of emmc image also. i am in process of flashing now...