Notices

Why are you *****ically calling the authors who decided their app to be freely distributable underl GPL term a douchebag?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Argentina
Open Source is not the same as (GNU) Free Software so stop talking about OSS or FOSS here, the software is under GPL and not under other license such as BSD.

Last edited by pinkfloyd; 2010-10-24 at 15:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to pinkfloyd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
Stellarium constantly refreshes the screen, and chews up about 85% of the available CPU time.
Not that difficult to fix. Why don't you fork the extras-devel Stellarium and merge it with any of your must-have functionality.

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Two lines of thought from me:
  1. Donations don't work. I can assure you.
  2. What if Stellarium Mobile is kind of a wrapper around Stellarium? Or an improved repackaging (optimiized configs etc.)? The source for Stellarium is (was?) GPL and is also available as such, but if the original author "rewrote" the critical parts or optimized parts for the Mobile version that were originally his works anyway, it's not so easy anymore. Remember that the author of Stellarium Mobile is the main author of Stellarium (by a large amount)
And yes, I'm gonna buy it right now. Fantastic app.
Then it shouldn't be licensed under the GPL anymore if the licensing changed in the mobile version. Which so far it seems like it's still GPL therefore you must abide by the GPL.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
damn, quite a bit of price difference. I paid US $1.6 (tax incl.) for the app.
I paid more than TRIPLE this!

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Unticking "Fast forward time to night at startup" doesn't seem to disable this feature for me. Also, ticking constellations > Show lines seems to get forgotten when restarting. Anyone else see this?

I've got normal stellarium from devel installed too if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, I didn't see this the last time I scourged the site but now I see that the source code is provided online:
http://stellarium-mobile.org/?page_id=3

Do people still have the problem of battery churn?

I purchased this a few months back, and have reflashed my device since then. This program is no longer available in the store...

How do I download this application that I paid for?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I paid MYR 6 for it...but don't know how to use it. I wonder if we can resale it?

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
I paid MYR 6 for it...but don't know how to use it. I wonder if we can resale it?
Well, you can download orrery for free, and if you have questions about it, you can email the maintainer (me) and I'll answer them. Wudiyagot to lose?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:

Tags
gpl pirate :)