Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
... Are you sure that is a learning that Nokia should take into use? Ship devices with no working software to consumers?
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I'm not sure that approach is a good thing LOL.

Me: Yay my N900 arrived! Hrm, just a blank desktop with no cell connectivity. Well, it sure looks cool! Maybe in a week or two they'll update it with actual software. Yay!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@ragnar: Sorry, I couldn't find the sarcasm font. I tried setting bold to the ridiculous portions. I thought it was obvious enough.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Ah, sorry then. It's the curse of the internets. Sometimes some perfectly good sarcasm goes wasted.

Sarcasm tags are..

[sarcasm] [/sarcasm] =P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@ragnar: Sorry, I couldn't find the sarcasm font. I tried setting bold to the ridiculous portions. I thought it was obvious enough.
You want one of:

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
ok ok, just read the ridiculous news already =P

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
"I’m a bit converned about how much of a dust magnet" <--- concerned

"just subtle enough to hide the scree." <-- screen

"The browser is Mozilla’s Fennec Fox," <-- NO, incorrect. The browser is not Fennec, but is good ole Microb as we've had in Maemo for a while which is based upon Firefox.

Good stuff. Thanks.
Oh hey thanks for finding my typos and mistake on MircoB. Appreciate it Very cool that people are reading enough of it and paying that much attention to notice

Originally Posted by mhotep View Post
Thanks for the report. So this was the final build? Would love to see some reports of what may have been fixed between the previous version we've seen and the final build to see what changed.
As far as we were told, these N900s were final in physical build. No more changes apparently (which means you can still force the slide to wobble a bit, unless that was just a batch problem).

Valerio's been using an N900 for much longer than most people, and he's aware of what changes has happened since in terms of software and physical build.

http://www.valeriovalerio.org/?p=266
"The software is now a bit more polished, the animations are smoother...."

Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
Very nice reviews!

Though there is one thing i have to critizise
you write "Note the compass which isn’t listed in the official specs" while referring to a screenshot of ovi maps.

Are you sure it's a real compass? what made you write this? because to me it looks like the north-indicator of ovi maps, and not an actual compass functionality...
I will check back on compass functionality.

EDIT: erm k.

I don't know if this is real but here's the N900 using that IR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK24qk2uMXA

I have the utmost basic grasp of Maemo - I'm just more of a user
also, you should probably proofread the article again, i think there are a few times when you write "n97" but actually meant n900, and a few typos as well ("converned" f.ex.)
yup, fixed the typo with concerned (highlighted by zerojay). I went through the N97 mix ups, there was one. All the others are comparisons with the N97 (though my wording may have made it slightly confusing)

Last edited by JayMontano; 2009-09-15 at 21:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayMontano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
How did you get one for testing?

Tags
n900, pre-release, review, user review