Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
In point of fact, then, it seems to me that this program is just another way to sell N900s. With no warranty, it seems likely to me that Nokia will make a clear profit on these phones.

It had never occurred to me that Nokia would be up to this kind of dirty trick. I'm glad I kept an eye on this thread. I had no idea when I first got an email about this program that it was for a phone with virtually no warranty.
Seriously. What are you looking to accomplish here?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
In point of fact, then, it seems to me that this program is just another way to sell N900s. With no warranty, it seems likely to me that Nokia will make a clear profit on these phones.
Please stop looking for conspiracies when there are none. The DDP price is probably around the break even point (before someone jumps in: the BoM is only part of the total cost of getting the device to developers' hands), and we are only talking about something like 150 units total. Even at full retail price that would hardly amount to a profit worth talking about for a company Nokia's size.

The warranty issue is just the way Forum Nokia works, we just never had to deal with them before so we never knew or cared.

It's still a nice gesture (no self-important sense of entitlement please), whether you take it or leave it is up to you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
If your device comes with a defect from the factory that lets your device unusable, we will do our best to get you a replacement.

This is all we can promise since we clearly can't substitute Nokia Care services.
I have faith.

You can't be an evangelist without it.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
So last thing missing is a date. I could go to a shop 8min from here and buy it now for €600. I'd get full warranty plus a decent German keyboard. If you don't ship this €250-offer today... what am I saying... right now, then you lose me as a customer and you'll have to deal with a loss of the € 350 price diff- oh, wait a minute. I got something wrong here. Doesn't work that way.

I'll get back here when I can think of a more convincing threat.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
The best date I can give you is "asap"

Thanks Quim (the Thanks! button didn't work)

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gijon
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
So last thing missing is a date.
No, we miss a N900
I could go to a shop 8min from here and buy it now for €600
Are you sure? I think N900 is not in the shops yet

Best regards,

Enlaces útiles para nuevos miembros en la comunidad Maemo/Useful links for newcomers: Si eres nuevo, preséntate/say hello, Si eres nuevo empieza por aquí/start here, Foro de la Comunidad/Community subforum, Wiki para novatos/Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Preguntas habituales (FAQ)

Buscador personalizado/Google custom search

Tan solo pregunta/just ask!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jsmanrique View Post
Are you sure? I think N900 is not in the shops yet
A friend of mine told me this morning that he saw it there and played with it a bit.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gijon
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
A friend of mine told me this morning that he saw it there and played with it a bit.
Ooooh, then, it wouldn't be Spain

Enlaces útiles para nuevos miembros en la comunidad Maemo/Useful links for newcomers: Si eres nuevo, preséntate/say hello, Si eres nuevo empieza por aquí/start here, Foro de la Comunidad/Community subforum, Wiki para novatos/Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Preguntas habituales (FAQ)

Buscador personalizado/Google custom search

Tan solo pregunta/just ask!

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
If you need an N900 urgently go and get one urgently.

We can't guarantee you any date. The pre-sales devices were distributed among the active developers during the Fremantle pre-releases and the Summit participants. There is high demand for devices and the current priority is to satisfy it.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
If you need an N900 urgently go and get one urgently.

We can't guarantee you any date. The pre-sales devices were distributed among the active developers during the Fremantle pre-releases and the Summit participants. There is high demand for devices and the current priority is to satisfy it.
Could you at least provide a qualifier for "urgently" ?
Is it if I need it today ? This week ? Before Xmas ? Before next summer ?... :-)