Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Sure thing, but as I see it that MUST be an user-selectable option, which defaults to stock behavior.
Well, where would a user select don't interrupt this audiobook or music, or would one have to tell the incoming message not to make a sound ever?

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
well not all earphones/headphones are neutral. some are more bassy/tinny than others so to somewhat make them sound more "normal" we need an equalizer.

edit: sorry for OT.
Sorry mate, but you cannot fix rubbish EQ with MOAR EQ. Check out 'death magnetic' CD version by metallica and tell me how any amount of EQ can fix that mess?

If you have utterly rubbish headphones then perhaps you should invest in a pair that costs > $10 instead of hassling someone to create a software EQ plugin for the media player backend? Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to create software EQ from scratch? I will give you a clue, if you were to pay a programmer it would cost more than $10. $10 would not even get you a UML on a cigarette packet!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Well, where would a user select don't interrupt this audiobook or music, or would one have to tell the incoming message not to make a sound ever?
It could be my English, but what i meant is an user-selectable option to DISABLE ALL PLAYBACK INTERRUPTS, as simple as that, not some fancy algorithm . And I think such an option will work for me (as I want my music interrupted from Sygic for example) and you (who want your audiobooks uninterruptable).

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Something slightly different: Would it be possible to completely ignore "tracker" and tell OMP where to look for music/video files? Maybe even browse files by their folder structure? (I know that there are players out there that do that, but they have other downfalls)
There are some limitations (multi-CD albums being my "favorite"), but I think that keeping a separate database is straying too far from the path
Hello, I have a similar question, I'd like to make OMP just ignore some directories. I have the same music files in internal memory and on SD card, so they're all listed twice in OMP. I want to keep the copies in the internal memory so I can listen to them when the SD card is not present (sometimes I put that into my other phone). Can I make make OMp ignore the Music dir on the internal memorsy? I don't know if a separate database is necessary for that...
Thanks, Ben

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Hello, I have a similar question, I'd like to make OMP just ignore some directories. I have the same music files in internal memory and on SD card, so they're all listed twice in OMP. I want to keep the copies in the internal memory so I can listen to them when the SD card is not present (sometimes I put that into my other phone). Can I make make OMp ignore the Music dir on the internal memorsy? I don't know if a separate database is necessary for that...
Thanks, Ben
No you cannot. OMP gets info about tracks from 'tracker'. Tracker maintains a list of all the music on your device. To stop a piece being listed twice you would need to tell tracker to ignore one of your directorys. Unfortunately if you ignore a directory, you will not be able to play music from it (as OMP will not see it).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
No you cannot. OMP gets info about tracks from 'tracker'. Tracker maintains a list of all the music on your device. To stop a piece being listed twice you would need to tell tracker to ignore one of your directorys. Unfortunately if you ignore a directory, you will not be able to play music from it (as OMP will not see it).
Since he has the same files on emmc, he could just makes tracker ingnores the card, or at least the directory that contains the music files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Since he has the same files on emmc, he could just makes tracker ingnores the card, or at least the directory that contains the music files.
Make a .music folder on the memory card.
Other (non-linux?) phone sees the folder and plays the music.
N900 hides the folder completely.

Eithier way this is off-topic for OMP as it's a tracker issue.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Ah, nice to see that I am not the only one who wishes to have a media player without tracker
It's just too buggy and it will never be fixed! There are one or two audio players for fremantle that "read folders", but they have not been updated for a long time and are lacking some functions.

Another issue I have with OMP: Why does it always start with the main screen and not from where it was when it got closed? And why does it always show "Songs" when one clicks on "Music", instead of what one chose last time to sort audio after (e.g. "Albums").

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by daniel_m View Post
Why does it always start with the main screen and not from where it was when it got closed?
I think the way OMP automatically opens Now Playing is great, definately a good "feature".

Originally Posted by daniel_m View Post
why does it always show "Songs" when one clicks on "Music", instead of what one chose last time to sort audio after (e.g. "Albums").
I don't have this problem at all.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I don't have this problem at all.
Oh, I don't have it either! When was the last time I used OMP?

I'd still like to see tracker being kicked out

The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_m For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse