What does everyone use to prop up your 770? Im using a stand i had made a few years back for a 20gig ipod. Is there a market for a stand?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Florida, USA
I use the one that came with it. It fits nicely right next to my keyboard tray.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Originally Posted by unuselessj
I use the one that came with it. It fits nicely right next to my keyboard tray.
After I figured out what it was and how to assemble it (just gitt'n old), I found the same usefulness. What is sort of neat is the Norse-like style of it. Sort of like one of those viking lodges that have the crossed-poles at the end of the roof line. It also has rune-like patterns etched in the feet to give a non-slip surface.

I can't imagine why they chose a design theme like that--I mean, why didn't they go for Chinese pagoda, or Japanese Shinto temple, or even FLW Prairie style?

Originally Posted by Odin
After I figured out what it was and how to assemble it (just gitt'n old), I found the same usefulness. What is sort of neat is the Norse-like style of it. Sort of like one of those viking lodges that have the crossed-poles at the end of the roof line. It also has rune-like patterns etched in the feet to give a non-slip surface.

I can't imagine why they chose a design theme like that--I mean, why didn't they go for Chinese pagoda, or Japanese Shinto temple, or even FLW Prairie style?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who went "huh?" when first trying to asssemble it.

This is what i had in mind for a stand for the 770. I'm wondering if there is a market for these. I could make them from aluminium as shown or ABS plastic.

Last edited by wiredless; 2006-08-26 at 12:16.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Very nice. Aluminium would be good, but could be too pricey?

It might also be worth seeing if there could be any restraining corner or something at the bottom edges to stop it slipping forward - not sure if that'd work with the existing design, unless the left/right leaves folded forward again.

aflegg, my initial thoughts were the same for making it more secure but seemed it would be harder to set the 770 in the stand, so i opted to have the padding force fit, meaning you have to push the 770 into the cradle (snug fit). The angle the 770 sits is also very stable (wont fall forward). I had seen a mini mirror that looked the the apple imac (iLamp)? model. What i would really love is that articulated arm design that would be super sweet. Cost would naturally be a big factor, my feeling is USA $20 would be a sweet spot.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
Man I like it. In fact, where is the order form? Is that a real item or is that something you Photoshopped? I tell ya what, it would not be limited to just the NOKIA 770. I would love to have one for my MDA (VARIO to those in UK) and myu Cingular 2125. It looks nice and it serves a purpose, allowing one to have a spot dedictaed to the phone and it just plain looks good. My only suggestion, a cutout so one could have the USB cable or AC charger connected while in the stand.
Wireless
Nice Work
!!!!

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
Originally Posted by notjaykay
I'm glad I'm not the only one who went "huh?" when first trying to asssemble it.
Add me too!. Except my "Huh" was a bit more along the lines of "WTF?". !! LOL (Putting the holes with the mating dimples was not fair, threw me way off!!)

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Originally Posted by wiredless
aflegg, my initial thoughts were the same for making it more secure but seemed it would be harder to set the 770 in the stand, so i opted to have the padding force fit, meaning you have to push the 770 into the cradle (snug fit). The angle the 770 sits is also very stable (wont fall forward). I had seen a mini mirror that looked the the apple imac (iLamp)? model. What i would really love is that articulated arm design that would be super sweet. Cost would naturally be a big factor, my feeling is USA $20 would be a sweet spot.
Count me in at US$20.

Bill

The Following User Says Thank You to thaibill For This Useful Post: