Notices

Originally Posted by batman View Post
On a slightly different note.. Does any one have any idea why I can only update my football (English Premiership) widget using Wifi and not 3G (o2 contract with unlimited data)?
Try changing the timeout in the code to 10 seconds (-T value). It could be that the 3G connection isn't fast enough to collect the data if it's set to 5 seconds

Code:
wget -U "" -t 1 -T 10 -q -O - 'http://m.espn.go.com/soccer .....

The Following User Says Thank You to Sash For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Hi.

Didn't read the whole thread, was this already requested before:

I'd like to have the option to pop an option menu on a widget instance. For example, an OC widget, when clicked, would pop up a menu that shows 600, 900 and 1000.

I realize it's not very easy, but if each option has its own command it shouldn't be impossible, methinks. For example, commands could be separated by a reserved sequence. An OC widget could have its command property set to OC600&OC900, and disallow ampersand in command title. Will need to allow command to be custom istead of a list.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

updating what I said, by adding the gainroot>/dev/null that I added to the end of the 3 states commands created system instability and it didn't create an off state (or toggling between states or both) either.

Surely it must be possible using 2 kernel files? 1 which has been customised (an 'on' state) and one which is stock (an 'off' state)

the command:

if [ "$QBW_EXEC_REASON" == "QBW_STARTUP_UPDATE" ]; then /usr/sbin/kernel-load /home/user/MyDocs/kernel.txt | sudo gainroot

deffinately works at start up (if enabled) or when clicked after start up.

so maybe its not toggling between states because of the sudo gainroot command?

I tried replacing the on/off states commands with:

if [ "$QBW_CURRENT_RESULTS_TEXT" == "ON" ]; then
rootsh /usr/sbin/kernel-load /home/user/MyDocs/originalkernel.txt
echo "OFF";
exit 0;
else
rootsh /usr/sbin/kernel-load /home/user/MyDocs/kernel.txt
echo "ON";
exit 1;

helppp

Last edited by batman; 2010-11-16 at 14:09.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Hi.

Didn't read the whole thread, was this already requested before:

I'd like to have the option to pop an option menu on a widget instance. For example, an OC widget, when clicked, would pop up a menu that shows 600, 900 and 1000.

I realize it's not very easy, but if each option has its own command it shouldn't be impossible, methinks. For example, commands could be separated by a reserved sequence. An OC widget could have its command property set to OC600&OC900, and disallow ampersand in command title. Will need to allow command to be custom istead of a list.
technically speaking it can be done by using dbus methods for hiding/showing/resizing widget instances and craft them as menu-shaped widgets. each instance is just a piece of the whole oc widget with main widget driving menu item instances

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
updating what I said, by adding the gainroot>/dev/null that I added to the end of the 3 states commands created system instability and it didn't create an off state (or toggling between states or both) either.

Surely it must be possible using 2 kernel files? 1 which has been customised (an 'on' state) and one which is stock (an 'off' state)

the command:

if [ "$QBW_EXEC_REASON" == "QBW_STARTUP_UPDATE" ]; then /usr/sbin/kernel-load /home/user/MyDocs/kernel.txt | sudo gainroot

deffinately works at start up (if enabled) or when clicked after start up.

so maybe its not toggling between states because of the sudo gainroot command?

I tried replacing the on/off states commands with:

if [ "$QBW_CURRENT_RESULTS_TEXT" == "ON" ]; then
rootsh /usr/sbin/kernel-load /home/user/MyDocs/originalkernel.txt
echo "OFF";
exit 0;
else
rootsh /usr/sbin/kernel-load /home/user/MyDocs/kernel.txt
echo "ON";
exit 1;

helppp
Please enable V4 logging as per WIKI and post here Beecon Instance Export and V4 log with startup and some states toggle

Ciao.

Naughty Meego!!!!

Meego is naked!!!
No Widgets ... No Desktops ... No Queen Beecon!!!

The Emperor's New Clothes

Please enable V4 logging as per WIKI and post here Beecon Instance Export and V4 log with startup and some states toggle

I will have a look at wiki later and figure out what V4 logging is and how to enable it happily - how?

the other thing was where do I try changing the timeout in the code to 10 seconds (-T value) for the football?

Last edited by batman; 2010-11-17 at 12:58.

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Meego is naked!!!
No Widgets ... No Desktops ... No Queen Beecon!!!
Noooooooooooooo!

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post

Here's another way to have a "2 States Button" which is "ON" on widget/system startup and toggles at every press.
Hello

First of all, what a great application! I can't believe I haven't noticed this before because it is something I've been looking for.

I use it to control my lights. My server acts, among other things, as a controller for my zwave-network which controls the lights. I can send simple http-request commands to that server to switch on/off/dim any node (light) in that zwave network.

Since I'm a total idiot and can't do anything right, I've just created a single beecon for every command:

The only command that beecon sends is:

Code:
wget ´http://ipaddress:port/ZwaveCommand?command=device&id=21&level=100´
Where the device id is the node that should do something and the level command is from 0(off) to 100(on full).

This works well.

Now I'm trying to get the two-state buttons to work as ON/OFF buttons for the nodes AND show the current state.

When I send the http-request the server does its magic with the light and sends this back:

Code:
DEVICE~Eteinen~7~50~Controller
DEVICE~Iso taso~9~0~BinaryPowerSwitch
DEVICE~Jääkaappi~14~99~MultilevelPowerSwitch
DEVICE~Lamppu~15~0~MultilevelSwitch
DEVICE~Lastenhuone~19~0~MultilevelPowerSwitch
DEVICE~Makuuhuone~20~0~MultilevelPowerSwitch
DEVICE~Olohuone~8~99~MultilevelPowerSwitch
DEVICE~Pieni Taso~16~255~BinaryPowerSwitch
DEVICE~Ruokapöytä~22~99~MultilevelPowerSwitch
DEVICE~Spotit~12~0~BinarySwitch
DEVICE~Taustavalo~18~0~BinarySwitch
DEVICE~Tiskipöytä~11~0~BinaryPowerSwitch
DEVICE~Toimisto~21~99~MultilevelPowerSwitch
Meaning DEVICE~<name of device>~<device id>~<device level>~<type of device>

If I was to save that response to a zwave.txt file every time it is received, could I somehow make all the beecons "read" that text file and change their states (level=0 -> light off, level>0 -> light on) accordingly, while at the same time being able to send ON/OFF-requests? I'm not bothering with DIM-commands because that would require a slider and a way more complex beecon.

As I said, I'm a complete ***** especially when it comes to scripting, so if anyone would like to answer, please keep it simple..

Thanks,

Slarti