Active Topics

Closed Thread
I think he's referring to "nicety" of it. Maybe a daemon can be run to automatically renice and ionice the dialer when it's invoked. Of course this wouldn't solve issues with false positive presses due to the resistive screen and placement, design and use of the buttons - but it's a thought?

ammm, maybe my post is all out of the queston, but can u guys compile the first post all the new updates and how is the ssu going?

btw, does this new update will contain a fix for the iso/exposition bug?

cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to arnoldux For This Useful Post:
This has literally made me keep my N900 for even longer! AWESOME AWESOME work guys!

Just one itsy bitsy suggestion, i know this is still in development, but any chance that you can get it so that, if the phone is in portrait, and you open another app and you're in portrait still, it doesnt temporarily flip to landscape then portrait again?

Just takes forever to open apps and its annoying watching the screen flip all the time! So maybe make the app force-open in portrait instead of opening in Landscape then effectively "remembering" its in portrait mode!

OH and maybe a blacklist for certain apps to LOCK in landscape or portrait! Playing things like Bounce and angrybirds seems to be the hardest thing ever with the auto-rotation! Nevertheless its a price worth paying for portrait in the phone

Thanks guys and pleeease keep up the good work Will be donating soon :P

The Following User Says Thank You to M00NB34M For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
mmm just a small request, can we have a drag to drop status menu ?
kind of like android, because clicking the status menu to drop it is a bit borring, but if we can drag it down, well thats awesome .
Cheers guys .

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
No, it's part of hildon-desktop's code, not a useless string
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. (Makes sense now that I think about it., as I've seen identical "[string] = whatever" under multiple headers...)

Just one itsy bitsy suggestion, i know this is still in development, but any chance that you can get it so that, if the phone is in portrait, and you open another app and you're in portrait still, it doesnt temporarily flip to landscape then portrait again?
I believe this was done to prevent the splashscreens from saving the vertical screenshot of the app, only to load it the next time instead of the original. (My solution was to allow users to just disable splash screens and, now that I think about it, it must be possible to make hildon-desktop save a vertical and a horizontal splashscreen....)

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Theme Customizer + CSSU users:
I just uploaded new version of TC to devel which has new functionality; tune transitions, which allows you to tune CSSU parameters on the fly.

I'll add more values to adjust in next release.

Transition "tuner" can be easily separated into standalone app if devs of CSSU want to include it in CSSU itself.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I would love to see a stand alone app of that kind.
d-iivil see a chance of releasing it?

perfect if it comes with the CSSU, later on.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Here you go guys. People who has requested a light green and light blue Conversation theme.

MAG can you somewhat add something like this to CSSU?

Sure it is not perfect but very usable.

I hope you guys like it. Took me a while to test this.

Edit: fixed a few scrolling bugs that may slow down the messages scrolling.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip rtcom-messaging-ui.zip (60.8 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2011-03-01 at 22:22.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
I would love to see a stand alone app of that kind.
d-iivil see a chance of releasing it?

perfect if it comes with the CSSU, later on.
Sure, I'll try to cook a standalone version tomorrow if I have time.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
I am trying to prep my phone to install the CSSU, but i have hit a snag. HAM doesn't appear to want to talk to the offical Nokia Repos. It gives me an error saying that all 3 of them have failed. Here is the log from HAM. Any advice on how to fix it so i can get things rolling? (note, i had to cut the paste from 27K characters because it was to big to post. mostly just more of the same for every package on the phone.)

Code:
hildon-application-manager 2.2.71
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: libsdl-mixer1.2 1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3
apt-worker:   /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle-1.3_free_binary-armel_Packages
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: libsdl-mixer1.2 1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3
apt-worker:   /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras-testing_dists_fremantle_free_binary-armel_Packages
connected to T-Mobile Internet
E: Failed to fetch https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/./Packages  Proxy CONNECT aborted
E: Failed to fetch https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/002/./Packages  Proxy CONNECT aborted
E: Failed to fetch https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2/ovi/./Packages  Proxy CONNECT aborted
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: mediaplayer-l10n-ptpt 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker:   /var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.maemo.nokia.com_fremantle_ssu_002_._Packages
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-applet-screencalibration-l10n-engb 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker:   /var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.maemo.nokia.com_fremantle_ssu_002_._Packages
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-rss-feed-reader-l10n-frfr 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-applet-screencalibration-l10n-fifi 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-backup-l10n-engb 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: busybox-symlinks-dnsutils 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-backup-l10n-fifi 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: policy-l10n-dede 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-clock-l10n-dadk 6.0+r7611+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: statusbar-alarm 0.5.16-1+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-pdf-viewer-l10n-svse 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-sharing-ui-l10n-plpl 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-camera-ui-l10n-nlnl 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-countries-l10n-ruru 6.0+r7274+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-imageviewer-ui-l10n-mr0 6.11+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: rtcom-call-ui-l10n-dede 6.0+r7987+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: matchbox-window-manager 3:1.2-osso21+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: osso-sounds-rtc 5.6+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: librtcom-accounts-ui-client0 4.108-4+0m5
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: mafw-iradio-source-bookmarks-002 1.3.2010.07-2+0m5+3397

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade