Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
As a consumer, my main concern is about the n900 Im paying for over the next 12 months and every answer involving it's future feels wishy washy. Answers like "too early to tell" don't help much.

To be honest, the more I read about the future of Maemo and now MeeGo I begin to see that things are not playing out as I would have liked and had expected when I bought the n900. I bought into the hype, that Nokia was going to get behind Maemo and build it into the the next generation flag ship OS. Ofcourse, that disappointment I feel is nobodies fault but my own for reading the wrong things and assuming too much. But live and learn.

I just can't get behind the move to MeeGo, and I don't like how this community seems to have been taken for granted. Not that I've contributed anything of any worth personally, but the guys who were advocates, who spent their time and effort to build it up into something with real momentum have been crapped on from a great height imo.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I feel the exact same way, cmae here to this community to sasiatemy tech thirst... and was won over by "some" of the nice ppl here when i got my N810. so i kept coming back read and learning only to hear about the next best thing, the N900 which i bought as well.. needless to say i luv both devices and having them has made me get more out of this maemo experince... which I'm glad i did.. but this meego buisness is a bit confusing to me as just an end user ( who is the ultimatly the target since we buy the product ). I read and wait in hopes to here good newsmbut that feeling of false hope shadows me as I read into some of these post... I luv my N900 but its really gona suck if all this talk of re-vamping and expantion, wont mean much for me as someone who has bought into this blindly expecting that this would be a device to last and have great usage.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
What a sad state of affairs. I love my N900 to death but if this Meego thing isn't officially supported on it will be my last Nokia device. Ever.

Thank you for shafting your customers Nokia. Shame.
Yep, HTC HD2 Tmo USA is coming, Nokia...give me some answers or I am going to give up my loyalty

Originally Posted by LuckTR View Post
Yep, HTC HD2 Tmo USA is coming, Nokia...give me some answers or I am going to give up my loyalty
Oh the irony: the HD2 is confirmed to be running a dead-end platform - WP7 isn't compatible with WM6, and the HD2 doesn't fit all hardware requirements of WP7 (let alone the will of HTC to update the device in Q4/2010, after they've released a dozen other comparable phones), and that doesn't bother you?

Weird double standards, to say the least...

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I hear people's anxiety about whether their device will run the newest and shiniest firmware. But I don't get why people think that asking more often or more loudly will enable Nokia to provide answers they've already said they don't know. They can't suddenly know it just bcause we want them to.

I don't suppose it amuses them or their investors to have so much uncertainty in their roadmap either. Cut them a break for a few weeks while they work it out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post: