ook im using diablo at mo but still have deblet on another partition.
heres the problems i have with deblet (and possible solutions in brackets)
all these are not in the known issues
1) sound umm where is it?lol

2) no bluetooth dun, this for a internet tablet is a major major issue (now one of the creaters helped me to add bluetooth but stilll no dun and the forum page hepointed me to may as well be written in another language) THIS needs to be added to there known issues as it renders the tablet useless out side of a wifi spot!!!! (ohh and bluetooth hass to be redone every reboot it also only supports audio so no bluetooth keyboard
3)no file instalation browser ie like diablos application manager (synapticc fixed that)
4) on screen keyboard does not always type and with no feedback noise,ie diablos clicks, thheres no way to know without checking

sorry this is all so negative but there all that prevent it being a good replacement os for the n800

any help greatfullyrecieved

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
1) Sound got fixed just recently, just didn't have added it as a dependancy in the hardware support package.

2) Admittedly this is a problem, but then again - try (Maemo doesn't count, the UI isn't open) find a decent GUI for setting up your bluetooth phone as a modem and using it. It's difficult. If you can find one for Linux, be my guest and tell me so I can add it.

I have just discovered how easy Bluetooth PAN is and I don't know how many phones support this by standard (my Sony Ericsson K610i sure does). It just needs a simple user interface on top and it works.

3) Synaptic just got added to dependancies as it's probably useful. That's what I get for sitting in ssh/console with it all day..

4) Admittedly, I didn't think of this one until you said so - yes, clicks does help navigating if you touched hard enough for touchscreen to sense it or just moving the cursor. If we get the hildon ubuntu mobile/plankton layout running correct, that comes along..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: