Active Topics

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Washington State
Mugen makes an extended capacity battery for the N810; it bulges out the back so you're buying both the battery and a replacement back plate. Great idea, I thought!

I'm now in the process of returning the second unit to Mugen. Neither battery, although new, would take any charge at all. So it appears they're just fulfilling out of old stock, and sadly it appears the cells have aged to the point of inertness.

Based on my own experience, I'm afraid I have to recommend that you stay away from Mugen batteries for the N810.

Andy

The Following User Says Thank You to vandys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Is it possible to do a double Scud type battery like is popular for the N900 and fit it under the Mugen cover?

I have three Mugen extended batteries. One is currently in use in my N900. Can't get the other two to work.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I have 2 Mugen batteries for my n810. IMO they made of ****. Avoid Mugen power.

Is there a better option? Is there another option at al besides buying Nokia branded batteries and hoping that it really is Nokia?

(BTW, I haven't had any problems with Mugen... other than the fact that the batteries are slightly too small.)

You can buy a cheapo external battery (that charges through usb port) and attach it to the N900 with a rubber band. I have one that is thin and light, holds more juice than Mugen, and costs less than $20. Too bad I bought it before getting the Mugen, it is now being used only when I travel.

Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
You can buy a cheapo external battery (that charges through usb port) and attach it to the N900 with a rubber band. I have one that is thin and light, holds more juice than Mugen, and costs less than $20. Too bad I bought it before getting the Mugen, it is now being used only when I travel.
Have you got a pic? I'm interested in the USB connector setup. The ones I've seen look like they'd create a serious danger of breaking off the the N900's internal connector.

Anyway I don't think that scheme will work for the N810. If I'm not mistaken, the N810 uses the older Nokia 2mm charge connector requiring around 5.7 volts. It won't charge properly with the 5 volts supplied by USB, even if you use an adapter for the connector, without boosting the voltage.